Bad
Good

My son transferred from the mainland to Hookena last year and we didn't know what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised by the Aloha that was shown to us from the ENTIRE STAFF. The staff went above and beyond helping him academically to ensure his success. Big Mahalos!

I love Hookena! I have sent my kids to many other schools in the islands and on the mainland. You will never find a more dedicated staff. The class sizes are small. Education is priority. The teachers care about the kids like their own children. It's a positive place for kids to learn and grow. I am a proud parent of a Hookena student!

As the President of the PTO, I am speaking on my own behalf and of my family; and not on behalf of my organization, school or any other person. Ho okena is an amazing school which has proven to be an example of excellent public education. As an alumnus, I am a product of Ho okena School and believe that I am the person that I am because of the school. It is a place filled with caring people who want to see our keiki (children) succeed in the future. I love this school and find there is no other school like it. And, as an alumnus, I find some previous comments greatly offensive and don't believe these individuals understand the true heart of our school. One's personal views against the principal or members of the staff, should not be used as a means to call the school "horrible." It is obvious that this person is not an alumnus of the school. It is ironic that they call the principal a bully, yet they use offensive terms to describe her. Shameful and definitely un-Hawaiian. I hope that people will not be so quick to judge our school based on the negative comments of a single individual. Ho okena School is an amazing school with great teachers, awesome staff and amazing students.

Bad principal who is a past security cop. She lets her secretaries and other staff members smoke on campus in the janitor shed during school hours. She lets her "favorites" break the rules and treats them differently than her "unfavorites". Principal is a bully who picks on some children and lets other children get away with things. This is a horrible school with a horrible principal who has no business being in education and she should take her big fat bully body and self back to being a security cop where she can be welcomed into ordering people around. Horrible school.

I think this school is awesome. My child is only in kindergarten, but the staff has gone above and beyond my expectations. The staff addresses issues quickly and is very flexible for the child. My child has ADHD and the staff has been so patient and my child feels very comfortable with the staff. The staff has made the environment adaptable for my child to learn. We love Hookena!

Teachers and staff are fantastic!! They have a great mission and value system!! It's all about academic achievements !! I love this school!

Best school that ever happened! All the staff knows your kid and extended family, treat them like they deserve! Kindergarten teacher is the most fantastic teacher ever!

Last modified Hookena Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.