Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school is a farce. If you have a child with even a mild learning disability I would look elsewhere. I will say that our experience is with 3rd grade and up (with multiple children) but do not let that fool you. Many teachers are moved to different grades each year. They only do what they are minimally required to do and many teachers my children had just seem to not really care. This attitude of complacency is throughout. As I look back on my children's experience at this school I can see that the good teachers left and those that remain behind are baseline at best. Yes their are exceptions to that rule, for instance, Mr. Kamiya who teaches fourth grade is a wonderful example of what a teacher should represent. The teacher helpers are often just as bad and have no idea how to help children with their work. One older woman (who seems to have no knowledge with working with children with learning disabilities) took it upon herself to help my child and what she did undermined everything my child had been working on. The only thing this school has going for it is its school schedule. It is not on a track schedule like the other schools in the area.

I have been very happy with the experience my children and I have had at Iroquois Point. There was a hard transition when we got a new principal, Mrs. Reed. I feel that the vision she has for the school is great and she is really involved in making every kid feel like they count. There are a ton of opportunities to volunteer and help out the school. Both in the classroom and in the PTA. The staff in the office is not friendly but don't let that scare you away. The teachers are fantastic! The school has a strong after school program. My children dance in the Hula and we love it. We really feel like we are getting the "Hawaiian" experience. This school offers Hawaiian studies to all the grades. That is something you will not find in most of the local schools. I am also very happy with the IB program. My kids have learned so many extra things because of it. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to a friend and I am so happy that my children attend here.

Everyone in the community is happy with IPES and think that the students seem challenged, excited to go to school and they really like their teachers.

Never have I encountered a school that praises themselves for only achieving 68% of the students able to pass the State testing (and we all know how easy those tests are). This is a school of teachers and administrators that are more concerned with their own jobs/careers rather than even the basic welfare of the students. Federal and state laws are not upheld nor fulfilled and student safety is not a major concern to anyone. Monies are mismanaged and not accounted for and the ability for teachers and staff to even utilize proper English grammar and spell words correctly is a continuous challenge ... and you wonder why your child begins to make stupid mistakes. This is a school where parents concerns are only provided lip-service and never really addressed. But then again this is Hawaii. Many parents elect not to participate in the school or support the school simply since it is a complete mess in the way the school is administrated and the political favoritism that is propagated by the administration. Then they wonder why parental engagement is so low (but they refuse to look in the mirror).

Before moving to HI, I had always heard how awful the public schools in HI are. IPES is doing it's best to break that stereotype. It follows the International Baccalaureate program, the 1st public elementary school in the state to be accredited IB. They hold their staff and students to a high standard. The school welcomes volunteers and has an active PTA. I have 2 children at the school and couldn't be happier. The school has a long list of extras-: a band, an award winning robotics team, cheerleading, several sports teams, FREE after school tutoring assistance, etc. In May 2013, Honolulu Magazine ranked IPES 37th in the Best of the State school ranking feature article. I love that the school is half local/half relocated locals at heart. Several family events are held throughout the year. Many of my friends do not live in the area and have chosen IPES as their school. I look forward to the upcoming school year!

School is horribly rampant with favoritism, politics, and mismanagement with deserving students not getting recognition. Some teachers work hard and strive for success but are hampered by a staff that is ineffective and consistently makes bad choices and fails to do the right thing. Good ethics elude them. It is understandable that many of the teachers are searching for a new place to teach. This school would be amazing if the administration staff would just be fair and honest. Just my impression but I fear other parents that have children there feel the same after speaking to many of them. If your child attends school there make sure you hold the school to standard because they are very much a school that believes in "do as I say, not as I do". What poor role models.

My kids have been to 2 other schools in the Ewa Beach Area and this is by far the best school we have experienced. The facility may be old, but it is treated with care and respect as are the students who go here. The education is well rounded and is definitely representative of the IB curriculum. Parents are welcome to visit and volunteer and the communication between home and school is very good. I love the red folders that come home weekly- no sifting through homework folders for important papers! The fundraisers allow so many fun and educational field trip experiences and for classroom upgrades. If you want a quality education in a welcoming, safe environment in Ewa Beach- Iroquois has it.

I have worked in several schools throughout my college and teaching career, and I can say that Iroquois is the best. First, the staff is highly efficient and qualified. Each position here has been filled by experts. They are all very positive and supportive to each other and to our schools ohana. Second, the principal (Mrs. Armstrong) is amazing! She is very thoughtful, caring, available, and always appreciative of the teachers. She is very fair and genuinely cares about her job. She puts an emphasis on professional development which I really like. The curriculum was a big draw for me. We are a International Baccalaureate school, which means that our curriculum is unit based integrating as many subjects as possible. We also pride ourselves on guided experience, global thinking, action, and instilling proper attitudes for international mindedness. Through this curriculum we hope to develop well rounded students who have the skills to take on whatever they choose. Last, the families are very involved. The school has provided many fun opportunities for the families of our school. The teachers here provide many after school activities which are free or of low cost.

This school has incredibly strong leadership with wonderful teachers and a top notch principal. Academics follows the state regulation but each teacher adds her own special touch to challenge the kids. The parents are very involved which creates a healthy environment for all kids and there are several after school and extra curricular activities offered. And best of all the first IB elementary school in Oahu. They really encourage the IB program...truly a gem!

We just moved here 2 months ago and we love the school. Great teachers, love the atmosphere, students are very well behaved, and our kids are so happy. With all the horrible things being said about Hawaii public schools, I am very satisfied with what our daughters are doing. Plus, lots to be involved in.

Last modified Iroquois Point Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.