Bad
Good

I am the parent of a special needs child. All the medical professionals I have taken him to agree with this statement. Yet, the so called specialist at Ewa Elementary school deemed my child to not qualify for special services. As a direct result, of my child being denied an IEP twice, my child was slipping through the cracks at this school. My child needed, and should have had the chance to learn like everyone else. Instead, what my child got was HURT, literally HURT. My child suffered a major head injury on this campus, resulting in a permanent scar on my child's face. This school did not even call 911, despite the fact that the head injury was a gaping hole and bleeding profusely. I have pictures to back up this statement. IF you have a child, whom is anything but typical, defined by the so called specialist at this school. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL! if you are in this district, beg, plead and do whatever it takes to get a GE. Or if you can MOVE out of Ewa Elementary School district, then do it for the care of your atypical child. I my experiences with this school, I would not recommended them to any parent.

I decided to write a review because there is nothing current. Overall it is a great school with its focus on innovative learning in a safe environment. Principal : He is very friendly and the children are not intimidated to speak out to the principal as needed Teachers: Each grade meets as a group and contribute a new innovative lesson plan so all the students get quality learning. Being a teacher myself, they are very creative on utilizing resources even with areas that are underfunded. They very resourceful. Environment: It is a very local kine environment. Safety is a big concern. The appearance of the school is very old and restrooms near cafeteria are not kept nicely. (lack of funding thank hawaii gov.) My child's experience:loves it, excited to go to school and learn. Loves the library and math. Feels safe in the class and out.

Its basically a good school with a FEW GOOD teachers who really care about teaching. Teachers need to be more attentive to children when it comes to learning because my child and other students seems to be having a hard time grasping what is being taught. Principal needs to be more warm and friendly towards parents which would benefit the school as far as fundraisers, volunteering, etc. Other than that, it's just an okay school. It really does matter to me on how the staff/teachers treat the children and parents.

I go to this school and my friends,teachers and principal are really nice to me. My school rocks!!!!!!!!!

Last modified Ewa Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.