Bad
Good

Ewa Elementary School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
I am the parent of a special needs child. All the medical professionals I have taken him to agree with this statement. Yet, the so called specialist at Ewa Elementary school deemed my child to not qualify for special services. As a direct result, of my child being denied an IEP twice, my child was slipping through the cracks at this school. My child needed, and should have had the chance to learn like everyone else. Instead, what my child got was HURT, literally HURT. My child suffered a major head injury on this campus, resulting in a permanent scar on my child's face. This school did not even call 911, despite the fact that the head injury was a gaping hole and bleeding profusely. I have pictures to back up this statement. IF you have a child, whom is anything but typical, defined by the so called specialist at this school. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL! if you are in this district, beg, plead and do whatever it takes to get a GE. Or if you can MOVE out of Ewa Elementary School district, then do it for the care of your atypical child. I my experiences with this school, I would not recommended them to any parent.

Posted May 12, 2010
I decided to write a review because there is nothing current. Overall it is a great school with its focus on innovative learning in a safe environment. Principal : He is very friendly and the children are not intimidated to speak out to the principal as needed Teachers: Each grade meets as a group and contribute a new innovative lesson plan so all the students get quality learning. Being a teacher myself, they are very creative on utilizing resources even with areas that are underfunded. They very resourceful. Environment: It is a very local kine environment. Safety is a big concern. The appearance of the school is very old and restrooms near cafeteria are not kept nicely. (lack of funding thank hawaii gov.) My child's experience:loves it, excited to go to school and learn. Loves the library and math. Feels safe in the class and out.

Ewa Elementary School 2

Posted April 25, 2009
Its basically a good school with a FEW GOOD teachers who really care about teaching. Teachers need to be more attentive to children when it comes to learning because my child and other students seems to be having a hard time grasping what is being taught. Principal needs to be more warm and friendly towards parents which would benefit the school as far as fundraisers, volunteering, etc. Other than that, it's just an okay school. It really does matter to me on how the staff/teachers treat the children and parents.

Ewa Elementary School 5

Posted September 30, 2008
I go to this school and my friends,teachers and principal are really nice to me. My school rocks!!!!!!!!!

Posted June 06, 2006
My son attended K thru 5th and we will sincerely miss the school. The school may not have A/C or be the newest in the area but the staff is wonderful. The librarian knows each child by name and knows what books they enjoy. The teachers are wonderful, in particular Mrs. Veomette, Mrs. Terruya-Schmitt and Mrs. Chun.

Posted November 09, 2005
I'm a parent of 1st grader and Kindergartener at Ewa Elementary School and I'd like to clarify to the last parent who wrote a comment why the playgrounds weren't being used. The reason why they weren't being used is because they were in the process of building one playground while examining the other playground which is nearby. So, logically both playgrounds were off-limits at that time. We don't want our children playing on unsafe equipment, so the school was taking precautions to make sure that the students were safe. And, if she's really concerned about her son not having enough homework then I would suggest that she talk to the teacher to get a better understanding of why he isn't getting adequate work. Other than that, I'd say that Ewa is a good school. My daughters teachers, along with the principal and staff really care about the students.

Ewa Elementary School 2

Posted April 04, 2005
i would not recomend this school. my sons teacher does not keep up with giving him extra homework. somtimes she even forgets to give him homework. there playgrounds are not being used. we were also told that we were not allowed to sit with our child during breakfast in the morning we could only wait for him ouside. if you get a chance to try to send your child elsewhere.

Ewa Elementary School

Posted February 17, 2005
i went to this scool when i was in 2nd grade and if i can remember my second grade teacher started with a T i have a picture of her and i think i went there when i was in third too i love and miss that school i think school has a abraham lincoln statue the kids(when i was there) always thought he came alive at night and theres a big tree that has a swing next to it and that tree has a fruit that is sweet and sour and some kids eat it.

Ewa Elementary School
911280 Renton Rd, Ewa Beach, HI  96706
Last modified Ewa Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ewa Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top