James Campbell High School 1

Posted June 11, 2014
Principle is NEVER on campus. Don t bother to try to get her to address an issue, she s only good at delegation, and her underlings are good at it too. If you want a problem solved, escalate it to the superintendant. Teachers scream for parental involvement, until they get it. Good in theory, poor in reality? Not all the teacher s are lazy, but dealing with 8-16 teachers a year between the two kids, maybe I just have bad luck probably not. Right now I know of one fantastic teacher, she had both my kids, I wish we could clone her! She s in the English department. Drugs are everywhere. It wasn t the DARE class they got that makes them know what drugs are all about you can smell it in the air. I ve seen drug deals happen at the park across the street if I can see them, why can t the cop that is sitting in the car next to me? T-shirts with a Campbell logo as dress code the girls made so thin you can see their bras through them, only required to be worn in the classroom. They need to be required to be worn in/out of the classroom so anyone without one on is easily identifiable. Speaking of security, four guys riding around in golf carts does not a security team make.

Posted August 19, 2013
The criteria used (i.e. age of school and overpopulation) to rate a school is ridiculous. Harvard was established in 1636. UCLA has undergrad English classes at under 500 per class. A more useful criteria is how many students received scholarships to major universities or average SAT score etc. I'd prefer if parents posted more useful rating criteria as the prior comment about age of school and overpopulation was a complete waste of time.

James Campbell High School 1

Posted August 04, 2013
My child will attend the school August 5 2013, school is old, overpopulated. Just waiting on inputs from my child once she starts.

Posted July 29, 2011
This School, is great in the education field. Athletics need more funding but all public schools in hawaii need that. I have gone throughout the whole Ewa Beach School System and it has done wonders for me! I would tell anyone that is in the ewa beach area to go to campbell. GREAT Sports Culture, i Bleed Orange and Black!! Sabers!!

Posted April 06, 2011
James Campbell High School Should Be One Of The Great Schools In Hawaii. I was recently enrolled in Campbell as a Junior and i only had like seven credits. Campbell have such great programs such as Novanet That Helped me Boost My Credits Up and Now I Can Graduate With The Rest Of My Classmates. Although Sometimes I Said It Sucks But Coming Here For Me Was Such Miracle. The Best Schools Ever. It Just That The Students That Love To Interrupt and Dont Come To Class At All Makes The School Bad.

Posted August 05, 2010
I am an alumnus from JCHS. I was so motivated to graduate and enroll in college. JCHS had a secret process to encourage each student to go to college. I won't tell you what it was and still is, though. No wonder the graduation rates have been up like 96% for a while. I'm glad to see my friends in such prestigious universities. JCHS is he first HI public school to offer the IB diploma and also is the first AVID demonstration school. Sports and JROTC are godly here. With a second middle school being built, the music and arts program will grow. The principal, however retired in 2010 but I'm sure the school will still live on to be one of the best in the state. Parents! Don't waste money at a private school! JCHS is as close as it gets to being a stepping stool for a better future.

James Campbell High School 3

Posted May 31, 2009

James Campbell High School 2

Posted April 29, 2009
I use to teach at Campbell. It has it's plusses and minuses like all places. The biggest problem at the school is a lack of leadership. I was always butting heads with the administration when it came to student discipline; and I don't know what the principal does all day but I barely ever saw her. There are a lot of good kids at Campbell, it's a shame they are disadvantaged because of the administration.

James Campbell High School 3

Posted November 22, 2008
If your that mainland kind of person who is used to cold weather and air conditioning, do not come here. But if you're a laid back local, then this school is the place for you. One can say that Campbell is the very center of the world. In that I mean there races of all types. There are many oppurtunities presented here and I am taking great advantage of it. Friends are easy to make, and that includes teachers. The standards of this school are low though; I easily got some A's without putting much effort even if im in an honor's class (is it just me?) Otherwise I would say you could learn alot here if you put your back into it. Just be prepared to see some kids ditching class and providing a distraction for you. All-in-all its a disappointment for some, but a way of life for others.

James Campbell High School 0

Posted November 20, 2008
I taught social studies at Campbell for four years until called back on active duty as a Marine colonel following 9/11. The teachers were very professional and supportive dealing with all the challenges facing JCHS, Leeward School district, and DOE. For what its worth, I would consider returning to teach at JCHS next year after my tour in Okinawa Japan.

James Campbell High School
91980 North Rd, Ewa Beach, HI  96706
Last modified James Campbell High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Campbell High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top