Bad
Good

All around a great school! The teachers are caring and do a fantastic job with the kids. My daughter has been challenged academically and has learned so much in such a short time. She looks forward to school daily. The staff are helpful and friendly, always a pleasure to work with. This is our first experience with public schools, we've had our kids in private schools. We are extremely happy with Holomua and highly recommend this school.

This is a really nice school. Mr.Pang was the best principal I've known. Every time we see him we all start saying "HI MR.PANG!". I really miss him.

Our family has only positive comments about Holomua. Our children came from a private school in Kapolei, in which the curriculum was behind the public school system. We were told the first week of attending Holomua that our children were behind. Of course we were shocked! We thought after paying $10,000/year in tuition, they would be receiving the top of the line education. Boy, were we wrong! The teachers did a great job guiding my children to grade level. Another plus...the discipline. We came from a prviate school with zero discipline. This school has policies in place that are enforced. Holomua is a safe environment and you have a warm, welcoming feeling when you're on campus. The administration is amazingly supportive, as this was a total change from the private school. We were so blessed to find this school.

this school is wonderful, the standards are excellent and i couldn't have asked for a better school for my children. thank you holomua!

I am a former student of Holomua elementary school. I have been there for 7 years and it was a great school. My only concern are the students and schoolwork. When I was in 6th grade, there were a lot of cliques and a few bullies. I knew a girl who asked me to smoke with her and she was only in 6th grade. Schoolwork is O.K., but I wouldn't say it was the best. The students are missing out on a lot. Overall, it is not a bad school, it got me into one of the best schools in the country, Punahou School.

I am most proud of Holomua for its commitment to address each and every child's needs. They go above and beyond what is expected. The whole school is very committed and hard-working. My son LOVED his teachers! He attended Holomua from Kindergarten through 6th grade. Each year, his new teacher became his 'favorite'. This was REALLY important to us as parents. He LOVED his school and misses it dearly. Now, he is in 8th grade, doing very well, and he is even taking High School Algebra....thanks Holomua!

My three younger children came from a private school to Holomua and I am extremely happy with the school, as well as, the curriculum. Additionally, they really work hard to support the military families going the extra mile when the parents are deployed.

Holomua Elementary School is simply one of the best schools in the state. While handling over 1,400 and being the biggest in the islands, they have consistently made the AYP every year for academic excellence. My child has just graduated from the 6th grade this past year and I am truly pleased with not only the principal (Mr. Norman Pang), but the entire staff and support staff. Their Primary School Adjustment Program or PSAP as they are called was a big help during my child's adjustment to kindergarten. I don't know why other people rate this school so low or even if they even have children here, but looking up the statistics, Holomua is among the top schools in terms of academic achievement and overall efficiency rating. Aloha!!

I love my school. It has great assemblies and other things. I love the assemblies. But I can't say my school is the best in everything. I think my school is a great place for learning. When people are being bullies or not being a good student, the teachers handle it. I like the teachers at my school. Holomua 5th graders get to do DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education). We have great activites and computers. I believe that my school is a great place for learning andwe are moving forward towards success!!!

My daughter has been in Holomua for 2 years now. She is doing exceptionally well. She has some learning issues and they have worked with her to get her to a better level. I am thrilled with how great she is doing now. She actually loves school. Front office staff is wonderful. Health aide, Kim, is the best ever. My daughter has IEP and 504 plan in place and both are carried out to the tee. I am impressed. My little one will be in Kindergarten come July, and I am excited for her to be in the same school as her big sister. Both of my girls have health issues that require multiple visits to health room daily. Kim is superb!! Most of the teachers are wonderful as well. All in all, this is the best school I have ever seen!!! A+++++ in our book!!! A. Pratt

Last modified Holomua Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.