No rating

Friendship Christian Schools

Private | PK-12 | 300 students

We are best known for using the Christian based curriculm, Abeka.

Living in Ewa Beach

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $378,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,120.

Posted September 7, 2013

A great school with a solid, Biblical foundation for young people. Not a perfect place but a place where they are loved.

Posted February 14, 2013

The aBeka curriculum is solid. However, the fundamental, intolerant views of this school far outweigh the benefits of the curriculum. There are other versions of scripture besides the 1611 KJV that should be acceptable. If the Word is not relevant and understandable for our keiki, how can they apply it? Some of their discipline in the older grades borders on abusive. They are very legalistic and lacking in love.

Posted January 14, 2012

Friendship Christians Schools is the school for you if you want your schold growing up in a good Godly atmosphere. You can't find the kind of spirit anywhere else that Friendship has. If you want your child to grow up to be a Great Christian Friendshi is the place. Also sorry to all the parents who have problems with friendship but if your gonna get mad get mad at God and if your gonna complain about the rules or teachers complain to God and tell Him He made a mistake because every rule and teacher was placed there by God. And although Friendship teaches your child what to do to be a good godly Christian as a parent it is also your job to train your child up in good godly doctrines to like treat women with respect, don't hit girls, and if she's not yours don't touch/kiss her. Friendship Christian Schools can only bring your child so far because your child is only at school for six hours a day the rest is up to you. Friendship is the place to be for anyone who is serious about having a walk with God and raising there child with that same goal in mind

Posted June 12, 2011

Very small school and the favoritism and preferential treatment given to students whose parents are more actively involved in the church is apparent from day one. There are a couple of good teachers at the school, but there are teachers that are using the internet for personal use during actual class time. My son and his girlfriend (age 14) were reprimanded by the asst. pastor, principal of the school, for kissing at a movie theater. The principal, asst. pastor of the church, said that kissing is a worse crime than lying. If you're not in the clique, stay away from this school and find another, but if you go make sure to bring extra money for mountain dew, because if you want to drink in class, you have to buy one for the teacher.

Posted January 20, 2011

I recently moved to the Kapolei area and needed to find a new private school for my 2 children (ages 8 and 10). I have to say it was a very stressful process looking for a new school and the office staff (Lei) was very welcoming and helpful and answered all my questions which was comforting. My kids have been with this school now since last summer and I am very happy. FCS has a great solid curriculum and my little one has made such progress in the short time at this school that I could not be happier. If you are a parent looking for a private school I would say this one is great!!!!

Posted March 31, 2010

Friendship Christian Schools is the 'hidden jewel' of Ewa Beach. Re: Other comments about children bullying in the school, classrooms needing upgrades, etc. Unfortunately, bullying is in every school. I can't speak for the teacher that 'allegedly' watched the bullying, but the teachers I know and I've seen from Pre-K to 5th grade make it a safe place for all our children. When I drop my child off at school I have a very easy feeling knowing that my child is being taught and taken care of with the values I believe in. If you're not a 'Christian' loving family, maybe this isn't the school for your child. My child has read the bible numerous times in her young life and continues to memorizing scriptures. She brings home the love of God. The school is in an old plantation town, and has it's own beauty & character. I wouldn't change anything!

Posted February 25, 2010

I recommend this school to any parent who is looking. We have two children who currently attend FCS and our third will be starting in a couple of years. Our eldest child started in their K-4 program and is now in the 5th grade. Every one of our children s teachers have always been very willing to help our children excel, even if it meant sacrificing their own time after school to offer tutoring at no cost to us. We have always had excellent communication with each of our children s teachers. The school has always welcomed and even encouraged parent participation. We especially appreciate the emphasis that is placed on knowing, and living God s Word. Our kids actually look forward to going to school and that speaks for itself!

Posted February 21, 2010

I very much agree with the last parent's statement. My son was bullied constantly by a classmate during his one year of attendance there. The teachers and administrator's did not tell us of this and it was not until our son told us that another boy choked him (in front of the teacher), that the rest of the bullying came to light. When I expressed concern, we were treated as the enemy by the adminstration and the Pastor of the church! It has been 2 years, but this very painful memory is still very prevalent in our memories. Another parent tried to warn me before we sent him there, I wish we would have listened. Please don't be fooled by the academics (which were solid), with the exception of a select few there, this school is not at all Friendly or Christian, in this parent's view.

Posted October 21, 2009

This is not the best school to prepare your child for life. High School classes are way too small, rules are far to strict. girls have to wear skirts down to there ankles. The environment is horrible! not enough languages and extra activities are available. however, the academics are advanced giving the students a good foundation. The class rooms are too small and the other students are not very nice. Please check out some other private schools if possible. The stirctness and environment of this school pushes kids to rebel.

Posted February 23, 2009

My child has attended FCS since K4 (Preschool), and I have nothing but great things to say about this school! The curriculum is excellent, and the teachers are very great at communicating with the parents. More importantly, I love that my child has the freedom to learn about God, and the ability to learn and apply Biblical principles from a very young age! For parents who are dissatisfied with the sports and extracurricular activities, you may want to consider outside leagues, private music lessons, etc! Excellent school, highly recommend!

Posted January 14, 2009

This school has done exceptional things for the students as far as curriculum, activities, and overall guidance. The school has done well with enhancing the student s abilities to learn new material and comprehend previous material for future reference. The students are very respectful and seem to have a great understanding of morals, values, and purpose in life.

Posted December 26, 2008

My son has excelled through there program. He loves being able to talk about Jesus all day. He loves his PE teacher and his regular teacher as well. He is learning to be a responsible young man, and this school is training him how to do this. What they lack in equipment, they excell in love, kindness, and thoughtfulness to my son's education.

Posted November 25, 2008

My children started going to FCS this year and I am pretty satisfied overall. The curriculum is strong in phonics, reading, and writing. It's weak in math and science. I am happy with what my children are learning about Christianity. The facilities are located in an old historic sugar plantation general store and there is no air conditioning. The playground area is small and limited. Many, not all, teachers and staff are a aloof and treat parents like they are not even in the room. The teachers are not very proactive with parent communication. I did not exactly get a warm and cuddly reception when we first started. They need to work on being a little more outgoing - it's not that they are rude or mean, they are just cold.

Posted July 21, 2008

Both my children had attending FCS 3 years ago. The curriculum is excellent. But what the school really lacks is some updating and remodeling. It needs to update the facilities. Communitcation wasnt too great with teacher and parents. This school has lots of potential!

Posted June 19, 2008

The courses are great, the hearts of the teachers and staff are great; what is missing is activities and facilities. With that said, this could be a great school but communication between school and parents are terrable. I am sure that is not true for everyone but even on parent is to many. Improve on communication and your great school would be outstanding.

Posted May 26, 2008

My son has attended fcs since the 6th grade, he is now in high school. We've been satiisfied with the education he's receiving. Less students in the classroom provides him the one on one attention between him and the teacher. This close knit environment helps him actively participate in classroom discussions, something he didn't do in the public school system. The small school environment allows all of the students to know each other. All the students are encouraged to participate in the school sports activities whether you are experienced or not. I wish that the school offered more extra curricular activities such as band and art. The sports program could be expanded to offer more exposure for the student athletes, or the school could consider participating in the pac-5 program so those student athletes that want more competitive play and exposure could have the option to. Overall good school!

Posted February 29, 2008

I have notice that the staff is often leveling this school. Why?

Posted February 15, 2008

This is an excellent school. The Abeka curriculum is a very strong curriculum. My children are challenged in a positive way. They are in a loving, respectful atmosphere. The teachers are very good at what they teach. We are very pleased with this school and the academics. I am confident that my children are learning at the level and even higher in many cases as their peers are on the mainland.

Posted September 30, 2007

My son has been going to Friendship since K4 and I absolutely love it. His teachers have been so loving, but at the same time, they make sure he is well behaved. I love the A Beka reading program. My son is reading very well and he hasn't even received his first report card in first grade yet. In the three years my son has been coming here, the parents have been very involved in the classroom and on field trips. I love it that he can learn about God while in school and be in a Christian environment. But, I would love to see an updated playground and more exercise on a daily basis. I genuinely believe that the faculty of Friendship care about the well being of all of the children and want to make sure they are getting the best education. I have been very pleased!

Posted August 27, 2007

Great academics and Christian education. Caring teachers. Need to nurture creativity and individuality and offer more arts. Do more in P.E. like sport games and physical fitness. For the last few years my son has pretty much learned different ways to play dodge ball and go for walks and run around.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students PE instructor(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Filipino
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 2:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 5:30 p.m.
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS
Fax number
  • (808) 681-5383

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Global
  • Mathematics
  • Religious
  • Science
  • Vocational education
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered

Staff resources available to students
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Filipino
Extra learning resources offered
  • None
College preparation / awareness resources offered
Transportation options

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Volunteer in the classroom

Apply now

What are your chances?

10 out of 10students were accepted for the 2014-2015 school year.

Students accepted for the 2014-2015 school year