Posted October 13, 2014
Was real sketchy about da school at first by reading all da negativity towards da school but chose to send my son anyways....I tell you I'm so glad I decided to send him there, the staff is amazing and my son jus loves the school...the teachers stay in contact with da parents on just about anything that involves their child..I love the fact that the school goes to 6th grade...

Posted December 11, 2009
As of today- the school has a permanent principal, and excellent teachers- both new and returning. I love that the school is so small. Basically two classes for each grade. Such a small school- excellent for my painfully shy son. He just started Kinder in Room A-2, and he loves it there!

Posted June 08, 2009
I hope this school gets a permanent principal and gets back to being organized. I was a little disappointed with the school this year. Too many people leaving! Classes are getting too large for lack of teachers! Otherwise the peolple who are there are doing their best with what they have and I give them credit for that!

Posted June 05, 2009
This school lost its principal, vice principal and many teachers last school year. I am very disappointed in the school this year and have been trying to get my daughter into another school since December. No organization. They still don't have a permanent principal. They have had three or four different people coming to fill in. Its awful.

Posted July 10, 2008
This is a school that cares for each and every child attending.

Posted July 05, 2008
I have been a teacher aat Kaumana Elementary School for over 30 years. We have a solid foundation, dedicated teachers, supportive administrators and office staff and wonderful students.

Kaumana Elementary School 4

Posted June 28, 2008
I love the small class sizes and the congenial atmosphere on campus. The staff is welcoming and professional. The faculty is resourceful and forward-thinking. My child is very happy here and so are e.

Posted December 24, 2007

Posted March 02, 2007
I'm a parent of a kindergartner at Kaumana Elementary & I didn't know what to expect, since this was my first schooling experience with my son, as well as his.My son and I are extremely happy with his principal,teachers & all the many grandparents,parents and different family members that make up this very successful and proud school. I don't recall learning half the things my son continues to learn at Kaumana Elementary. The school has family reading nights,book of the month,and a awesome Voyager reading program. It really is comforting to know that the staff is there to help guide my child in the right direction along with communicating with me as how I can be an active roll in my sons achievements. I'm so grateful for everyone and we are gonna be sad (beyond words) when we move in July. Thank you staff of Kaumana Elementary

Posted February 18, 2007
I have a 4th grader in Ms. Nakamura class. We have attended Kaumana for 3yrs now. The school has great teachers and an exceptional admin. dept. With great leadership from principle to teacher they have shown our family a new way to look at our public schools. Great academic programs such as their Voyager reading & Vmath programs installed, has shown that extra step in caring for they're students. They offer after school Track & Basketball sports activities, which they take very seriously. Recently added, an award winning, Youth Robotics Club. Atmosphere is like attending a private school in a outer city environment. I can honestly say,if not for the parent involvement in the class room, on the sports court, with the students on and off campus, their time and effort in fundraising Kaumana Elementary School would not ranked,with me a 5 Star School.

Kaumana Elementary School
1710 Kaumana Dr, Hilo, HI  96720
Last modified Kaumana Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kaumana Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top