Waiakea Intermediate School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
My daughter was a 6th grader at WIS last year. I was apprehensive about her entering middle school (with the bullying that could happen and feelings of isolation). I was pleasantly surprised that my daughter's teachers, administration and office staff were professional and supportive. She was on team Arete and her teachers, especially English, Science and Math were excellent. My daughter felt safe; claims there was no bullying by upperclass mates and overall enjoyed attending WIS. She is in 7th grade and has never complained. In the recently released DOE Strive Hawaii Performance list, WIS rated #9 out of 228 schools on Continuous Improvement.

Waiakea Intermediate School 5

Posted July 04, 2008

Waiakea Intermediate School 1

Posted April 29, 2008

Waiakea Intermediate School 1

Posted March 27, 2008
Our kids will be out of this school as soon as we can find an acceptable alternative. The atmosphere of bullying, student intimidation and violence coupled with inadequate response by the administration is no longer tolerable to us or to our children.

Waiakea Intermediate School
200 West Puainako St, Hilo, HI  96720
Last modified Waiakea Intermediate School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waiakea Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top