Bad
Good

We're military and my child has been here since kindergarten, she'll be in the third grade this year 2016-2017 and I must say all of the teachers she's had are amazing. So far I've experienced with my child that they actually care about her week points and try with my husband and I help, to improve those points. They are greatly appreciated.

I attended Makalapa in the late 80s to early 90s. There are so many fond memories of learning, loving, and living. Our alma mater plays so brightly in my heart. The emphasis on different cultural backgrounds has helped me understand so much about myself and others as well. I truly appreciate all makalapa has done for me and know that I'm representing well.

If I could give this school 0 stars, I would. The staff was rude and unhelpful. They completely ignored our advanced learning plan from my child's previous school, they held back my GT son and made him hate school. My other child was so starved for attention that he convinced his teacher that he couldn't read so that she'd pay attention to him. I pulled my kids out and have homeschooled them ever since. Best decision I ever made was to get away from Makalapa.

. My daughter is going into1st grade. The teachers are amazing. I highly recommend this school. Great environment for education.

This School is Very good. But it has downsides. 1 being that the classrooms are smashed together. Also, being a resident of Hawaii i know we don't have air conditioning. But This is a school I think it should need to have something in the budget for air conditioning in the other rooms besides the office.

This is a great school. Three of my four boys went here and they loved it. The teachers are very caring and will communicate with you constantly. I still keep in touch with some of them now even though we no longer live in Hawaii. I wish all teachers wanted to see kids succeed in life like these teachers do.

I have 4 kids my oldest child went to this school since grade k till the 6th grade but now in intermediate. He still often goes by to visit his teachers. My other 3 kids are still attending this school and they love it!! I myself has attended this school since 1st grade.The teachers here treat each student equally. They focus on your childs weak points and help them out 1 on 1. During the furloughs Makalapa has started a program with permission and choice from parents with an afterschool program where students stay in an extra hour or so of learning since fridays have no school. I was shocked that the teachers involved in this program was doing it from their own time and not because they were required to do it. Which I appreciate deeply! Thats how dedicated the teachers are in this school. Even without the program before the program even started teachers would stay after with students who needed help with work or with students who needed to catch up with work. Which i really love! With great teachers the school is a clean enviroment.The principal,teachers,office and cafeteria staffs,including the janitors are VERY friendly!Overall the best school for your child or children.

Great school. Well rounded curriculum. Nice facilities. Friendly staff. Only issue is that parents need to be more involved in their children's education- it shouldn't just be left up to the school.

Teachers have been so very helpful in promoting important life learning academic skills & a rewarding approach to promote positive learning for my two boys.

Best school with the best teachers. My daughter went there K-6 and every teacher was very caring and was always there for my child. I highly recommend it.

Last modified Makalapa Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.