Salt Lake Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2014
I attended this school from K-5th grade, throughout my years in the school I had a very bad experience during this time. I got bulled throughout my years and I have reported it to couple teachers, but they never did care and shrugged it off their shoulders and told me to get away from them. I remember one time I was getting pushed around in the morning and the old lady that was standing and looking out on the ramp outside of the cafeteria was just standing there watching me getting pushed around thinking we were playing around. After that I fell and hit my head on the concrete. Parents I wouldn't recommend this school to your kids but if you have to then watch your kids closely because teachers wouldn't look out for your kids.

Salt Lake Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2012
This school is a safe place for learning and my children love going here. I would be more impressed if the academics were more challenging. There are some excellent teachers at this school and some that are not. Unfortunately, I'm disappointed with the teacher my daughter has this year.

Salt Lake Elementary School 5

Posted January 27, 2010

Posted January 26, 2010
My child had currently been attending Salt Lake elementary school. When she comes home from school I see the anticapation in her like she already wanting to go back to school. I am not very well educated, so when I brought her to Salt lake Elementary school, she's been teaching me more of the english grammars and language once she come home. They do have many after school programs that help them learn more. Like my daugter for example. She is wanting to join more and more activitys this year. Now she is in JPO,track,challenger, and she wants to join the math team once the quarter comes in. I would definitely recommend other parent I know of that has a child about to attend kindergarden to Go to Salt Lake Elemtary.

Salt Lake Elementary School 2

Posted September 26, 2009

Posted May 12, 2009
I was impressed by the principal who is enthusiastic to improve the school. The school actively participate outside events and competitions with other schools and the principal always with the kids at the event and support them when I cant find any principals from other schools. He greets students in the morning and stays late at school to be available to parents. I am not happy with the staff at the office though... Most of them are unfriendly. Even though we dont see significant improvement at this point, we should be patient more. As long as my daughter is happy at school and with her friends, I am happy too. There are lots of activities and after-class groups for students to join. My kid is joining math team, bible study and Robotics (last year). I believe this school will be graded above 8 soon.

Posted October 02, 2008

Salt Lake Elementary School 3

Posted July 01, 2007
I have two children enrolled in this school. And I have been greatly encouraged by a core group of faculty led by the principal who are progressive, dedicated professional educators. They as well as the parents, have to work with and around the older union 'time punching' teachers which are rife within and throughout the Hawaii Public School system.

Salt Lake Elementary School 2

Posted June 15, 2007
The office staff is the most unfriendly and unhelpful staff I've ever encountered! This sets a terrible example for our children and I cringe to think how they treat our children when they go to the office for help. The academics at Waikele challenged my son a lot more than at Salt Lake. His homework seems to have gone a step backward. I think their needs to be a review of the curriculum and teaching methods. He brings work home that has been corrected with a 'smiley face' and there are all kinds of mistakes on it that we have to go over with him. I don't think they actually check the school work.

Posted June 15, 2007
The Principal greets the children in the morning before school and as they go home. He is highly visible and easy to talk to. My son's teacher this year had great ways to get the children involved in their work and helped many children after school if they wanted help with any subject. My son looked forward to going to school daily. Thanks Ms. Loo

Salt Lake Elementary School
1131 Ala Lilikoi St, Honolulu, HI  96818
Last modified Salt Lake Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Salt Lake Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top