Posted March 30, 2014
Awesome school. Being a retired Navy .The ROTC PROGRAM IS AWESOME.GREAT LEADERSHIP!!! My daughter is a sophomore ,3 sport student athlete and maintain a 3.8 gpa.Had a lil problem at first with the volleyball coaches, they have gotten better .New ones. Basketball coaches awesome and Track Coaches awesome. I would like to be an assistant coach for JV girls. They got a lot of talent at that school. Military kids and local community kids. Great combination. Parents just have to me involved with there child activities. . GO RAMS!!!!!!

Admiral Arthur W Radford High School 1

Posted March 22, 2014
The worst school my kids have ever attended for athletics. Academics is OK, but the athletic dept is horrendous. From what I have seen, most coaches are very biased toward the local kids. You can be one of the best persons on your team, but if you aren't from Hawaii, you will be treated like dirt. Tried talking to AD and several coaches (from different sports), but it goes in ear and out the other. There is never any positive reinforcement from the coaches. It always negative...negative...negative. This absolutely the worst experience my children have ever had. What makes it worse, is that it isn't just one sport. It is the same across several different sports.

Posted February 17, 2013
Radford is really an awesome school. It may not be the "best" but it's still a great school. The people are laid back, but you can still learn in a relaxed environment. The majority of the teachers really do care and the academics are as good as any and if you need more of a challenge just go into honors or AP courses. There are plenty of clubs and sports and things to get involved in if you just put yourself out there. And there really aren't any racial issues at this school (this is coming from a haole military kid). It is culturally diverse and if you're worried about it then just change your attitude, come in with an open mind and respect the hawaiians and their culture and you won't have any problems, to be honest, they're extremely nice and willing to meet you as long as you don't come in with an "I'm better than you" attitude. I couldn't be happier with the people that I have met and the experiences I've had. I encourage you to try the school, and then, if you don't like it, sure you can send your kid to a private school that's going to cost you thousands of dollars, but you're still going to encounter similar problems at any school you go to.

Admiral Arthur W Radford High School 4

Posted February 25, 2010

Posted November 19, 2009

Admiral Arthur W Radford High School 4

Posted August 07, 2009
I'm just a Freshmen at this school and in my opinion, Radford's quality depends on how you see it. This year, I happen to get most of the best teachers I could possibly have. I really appreciate how diverse the ethnicities are here. I'm quite dissappointed with some the regular core classes because some teachers can't discipline the students well. On the other side, Honors or G/T classes greatly changes how much I learn because of the decent teachers and I'm fotunate for that. That's how I see Radford as I deeply carve myself in to see Radford's real nature. Even some electives dramatically changes your experience at this school. I took Band and I'm really getting disciplined appropriately. Radford is a decent school and is getting better.

Posted March 24, 2009

Admiral Arthur W Radford High School 3

Posted May 24, 2008

Admiral Arthur W Radford High School 3

Posted December 02, 2007
I graduated radford a few years ago and am now in medical school in Philadelphia (Jefferson). I can tell you that the most important thing to choosing a school is how well you as a parent emphasize utilizing high school to prep for college. Looking back I can say that there were some teachers who inspired me and some didn't. But overall I took advantage of what the school offered. Why? because of my upbringing. If you are a military parent, you must also realize that some people in the island have some tension against military people. Some students due to the 'local' upbringing in which their parents or parents parents were exposed to racial or ethnic discrimination. But not Radford. Radford is probably the most diverse public school in Hawaii. Also enroll you children in honors and AP classes that helped

Admiral Arthur W Radford High School 1

Posted August 01, 2007

Admiral Arthur W Radford High School
4361 Salt Lake Blvd, Honolulu, HI  96818
Last modified Admiral Arthur W Radford High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Admiral Arthur W Radford High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.