PK-6 & Ungraded
Honolulu, HI

Posted January 02, 2014
This is a great school. My child attended here for 2 years and I was very involved. They have a wonderful morning exercise routine in the morning which the kids all respond well to, and parents are welcomed to stay and watch the 15 minute session. Most of the staff are very friendly and go beyond basic teaching strategies to ensure success. Parent participation is encouraged all over the school. The after school pick up is very organized. This school has a very welcoming atmosphere. The Special Education Dept is exceptional, better than any other school my child has attended. IEP meetings are very thorough and translate nicely to other school districts.

Posted July 29, 2013
The staff at this school is wonderful. The women in the front office and warm and caring. They greet everyone with a smile no matter how busy their day has been. The teachers and administration are student focused and put the needs of their students first.

Posted July 25, 2012
I was skeptical about public schools in Hawaii. I believe that many parents don't take responsibility for their child's learning, so they blame the schools for their child's issues. Pearl Harbor is a really decent school. The staff is helpful and the teachers I've had to deal with were great! I didn't need to be a nagging parent to get questions answered.

Posted August 13, 2011
I am satisfied with this school. My child attends prek at this school. This is his second year and the teacher he had last year worked with his challenging behaviors with patience! He was challenged also learned about letters, numbers, shapes, colors and other skills. The teacher and aide are good at what they do. I hope he has a good year this year with his new teacher!

Pearl Harbor Elementary School 1

Posted August 12, 2011
We were told this was the best school so we fought for our son to go there but instead of learning new things he is repeating pre-k. So disappointed.

Pearl Harbor Elementary School 1

Posted December 08, 2010
I was not impressed with this school at all. My child was learning preK-K work in the first grade. She became bored, and lost interest in school. The teacher had no desire to communicate with us when we sent communication to her. Also, certain people in the administrative staff were very unproffessional. The safety of our child was put at risk on more than one occassion.

Pearl Harbor Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2009
My child has recently entered the Pre-K. She loves the school, teacher and teacher aide. We really like the parent teacher interaction that we recieve on a daily basis to know what our child is doing at school. She receives Speech therapy there and we have seen such great improvment. We couldn't be more happier with this school. I would recommend this school to any parent who is considering putting there child into this school.

Posted August 16, 2009
My child just entered Preschool at this school. The teacher and aide are amazing. They truly care about my child, are knowledgeable, and know how to focus on his strengths and help him with his needs.

Posted June 29, 2009
My child was adequately challenged academically at this school. As a transfer from another school on the mainland, I was concerned after hearing negative information about Hawaii public schools. I was pleasantly surprised by my child's second grade teacher as she did an incredible job not only with my child but other children in the class as well. The school offers music, computer lab, PE and art. The administration staff is organized and professional. After a year, I have only good things to say about our experience at Pearl Harbor Elementary.

Posted February 04, 2009
I feel that this school offers wonderful programs and activities for parents and students. The PTSO works really hard to come up with innovative fundraisers and activies which benefits the students. The teachers are hardworking and dedicated to helping their students learn. The students get a well rounded education with computer, music, the arts, and extra curricular programs. The administration does their best to support the teachers, parents and students with their needs. Although there are great parents at this school, I do feel that parental involvement is lacking. When activities are offered, parent turn out is poor. I feel there should be more responsibility on the parents to make sure homework is being done and that they work with the teacher rather than automatically placing blame on them for their child's behavior.

Pearl Harbor Elementary School
1 Moanalua Ridge, Honolulu, HI  96818
Last modified Pearl Harbor Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pearl Harbor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top