Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Aloha, I recently PCS'd from Hawaii to Maryland. I heard so many horrible things about the school system in Hawaii on my way to Hawaii. But I can honestly say that the schools in Hawaii are not that bad. My son attended Pearl Harbor Elementary for 2 years and he loved it. He loved his 1st Grade teacher Mrs. Diaz, she was an awesome communicator and always gave me feedback about my son. Fast Forward to Maryland and I must say that my son is doing extremely well in school. Hawaii schools were actually ahead of Maryland school because of the time the schools opens and closes during the year. Hawaii schools were a little more challenging than the schools here in Maryland. I thought I should share that because of the bad rep Hawaii schools always receive.

Teachers disengaged and uninterested in helping kids with issues and grades. In the words if my 3rd graders teacher "well your military, and will be gone in 2 years so it's not my problem."

This is a great school. My child attended here for 2 years and I was very involved. They have a wonderful morning exercise routine in the morning which the kids all respond well to, and parents are welcomed to stay and watch the 15 minute session. Most of the staff are very friendly and go beyond basic teaching strategies to ensure success. Parent participation is encouraged all over the school. The after school pick up is very organized. This school has a very welcoming atmosphere. The Special Education Dept is exceptional, better than any other school my child has attended. IEP meetings are very thorough and translate nicely to other school districts.

The staff at this school is wonderful. The women in the front office and warm and caring. They greet everyone with a smile no matter how busy their day has been. The teachers and administration are student focused and put the needs of their students first.

I was skeptical about public schools in Hawaii. I believe that many parents don't take responsibility for their child's learning, so they blame the schools for their child's issues. Pearl Harbor is a really decent school. The staff is helpful and the teachers I've had to deal with were great! I didn't need to be a nagging parent to get questions answered.

I am satisfied with this school. My child attends prek at this school. This is his second year and the teacher he had last year worked with his challenging behaviors with patience! He was challenged also learned about letters, numbers, shapes, colors and other skills. The teacher and aide are good at what they do. I hope he has a good year this year with his new teacher!

We were told this was the best school so we fought for our son to go there but instead of learning new things he is repeating pre-k. So disappointed.

I was not impressed with this school at all. My child was learning preK-K work in the first grade. She became bored, and lost interest in school. The teacher had no desire to communicate with us when we sent communication to her. Also, certain people in the administrative staff were very unproffessional. The safety of our child was put at risk on more than one occassion.

My child has recently entered the Pre-K. She loves the school, teacher and teacher aide. We really like the parent teacher interaction that we recieve on a daily basis to know what our child is doing at school. She receives Speech therapy there and we have seen such great improvment. We couldn't be more happier with this school. I would recommend this school to any parent who is considering putting there child into this school.

My child just entered Preschool at this school. The teacher and aide are amazing. They truly care about my child, are knowledgeable, and know how to focus on his strengths and help him with his needs.

Last modified Pearl Harbor Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.