PK-6 & Ungraded
Honolulu, HI

Posted November 06, 2014
My son's experience at Mokulele was awful. He lasted there less than 1 semester before we decided homeschool was a far better option. The classroom was chaotic, the teacher had no control, and the principal did nothing to resolved any of the issues we had. My son had zero academic challenge there and seldom knew what homework to do because it was never made clear. I wished it had been run by DoDS schools.

Posted November 05, 2014
I took out my kids and home school them now. The curriculum is well below the schools we came from, by about 2 grade levels. The teacher my daughter had was teaching improper English as correct... very frustrating and now I am having to back track and correct it. When my daughter got in trouble for reading after she finished her work she was held in during outside time. She was not allowed to work on homework during school even when her classwork was completed. There is a limited play area at the school and little playground equipment, which is frequently taken away as punishment. There are no after school programs to speak of unless you count daycare.

Posted January 14, 2014
This school is awful. You, as a parent, are only valued if you are a volunteer and ONLY if you are a SELECT volunteer. So, if you're not in the clique, you aren't going to be listened to. Instead, you will be treated terribly. In truth, the staff treats ALL military families like second class citizens because they aren't local and don't care about the bullying, the subpar curriculum, and talk behind your back - and if you are lucky RIGHT TO YOUR FACE! If I had it to do over again, we would've turned down our orders to come here since our child has been bullied, abused by a teacher, and struggled academically since coming here and the school does not care. Oh, and there's no one to complain to because we're not from here so we don't matter!

Mokulele Elementary School 3

Posted October 30, 2013
Teachers don't take parent input into consideration. They blame lower test scores on students instead of the lack of time students spend at school. I'd love to get a half day once a week and gobs of days off in a school year. The school would improve if it had to follow more strict standards. If it was made into an actual DoD school that would help a lot too.

Posted May 28, 2012
This school is awful! If you can avoid it at all costs, please do for the sake of you and your children! My child excels academically and has a fairly easy time making friends, but the bullying at this school is WAY out of control! My child was threatened by another child that he was going to beat her up after school and my daughter told the teacher out of fear and the teacher told her to deal with it because class was almost over!!!! This is just one of the many issues we have had! I have had countless meetings with the principal who refuses to admit that this school has a bullying problem. The academic situation is even worse! They only care about the students who will get them closer to getting grants (those students who score higher on state tests!)...so if your child has difficulty learning...forget it! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!!!!!!

Mokulele Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2011
As military families, we don't often have a lot of choice in the schools our children attend-because we have to live on or near base..We are very disappointed with the Hawaii school systems and their level of academics. That being said, Mokulele is a nice school. The staff really do care about the children and they do.. ok.. with the curriculum they're given. I think they could focus more on academics, and less on school events, brush bot competitions and recess. My girls can play at home. We do feel like its necessary to supplement the kids outside of school..but that would be the case for any school in Hawaii. That is why I give 3 stars in teacher quality. They are all very sweet people, every one of them. I just wish my kids were being challenged more. Over all, Mokulele is a safe, fun place for your kids to attend. It will do...

Mokulele Elementary School 5

Posted December 16, 2009

Mokulele Elementary School 5

Posted August 17, 2009
My children really enjoyed Mokulele. The teachers are wonderful and the Admin. is very much involved. Compared to Hickam Elem., Mokulele has a much better curriculum. My children attended both schools and Mokulele far exceeds Hickam Elem. Parents think Hickam is better because Officer children attend Hickam but they are painstakingly wrong.

Mokulele Elementary School 4

Posted June 27, 2009
My son attended (Jr.) Kindergarten here. His acacemics improved greatly over the school year. He went recognizing some of the alphabet to reading by year's end. Kindergarten has an impressive curriculum including science, social studies & basics like reading and math. They go to a music class, have PE, and visit the library each week. They have sort of a mentoring interaction with the older grades called Ohana which meets weekly as well. I think each of the kids are a assigned an older 'buddy.' I was impressed that the K's got to go on 5 field trips during the school year. Parent involvement is greatly encouraged. I give the school 4 stars because I felt lost at the beginning of the school year since there was no parent orientation & some of the special events could have been better. I think there will be a parent orientation for 2009-2010.

Mokulele Elementary School 2

Posted March 03, 2009

Mokulele Elementary School
250 Aupaka St, Honolulu, HI  96818
Last modified Mokulele Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mokulele Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top