Aliamanu Middle School

Public | 7-8 & ungraded

Posted February 4, 2009

Classes are extremely easy here, some teachers don't care about the students and don't put any effort into teaching us. Yet, I have a couple of teacherswho are really great and really involved, it makes learning and getting good grades a whole lot easier.

Posted February 1, 2009

I think this school is great!!! the only thing is... Get rid of the uniform!!!

Posted January 13, 2009

We have a child that attends this school. Only one teacher uses Webgrader. He hardly ever has homework and he is not challenged. The teachers don't seem to take an active role. They seem more concerned with days off than with teaching the kids.

Posted November 30, 2008

I am current student in this school and I am not challenged at all. All of my classes are quite easy. Most of my teachers are nice but they take no regard for any work for my other classes. Most times I have lots of projects due on the same day. I would not recomend this school to anyone and I sometimes wish I could leave it myself.

Posted February 4, 2008

Worth looking into. The class sizes are small and great things are going on their.

Posted October 24, 2007

This school Is awesome, I really enjoy going here!

Posted September 5, 2007

My kids are attending this school for the first time and I have to say that WEBGRADER is the most awesome thing to happen to this school. Let's me be in touch with what and how my kids are doing. I've emailed the teachers a few times and had immediate response. I wish all teachers would use Webgrader. The school bus system needs improvement though-always late and drivers are not very nice.

Posted August 29, 2007

My daughter attended part of 7th grade at this school. She suffered. The teachers did not care! My daughter was failing because she was not getting help at school, and the teachers did not bother to contact me until it was just about too late to do anything about it. The only thing the principal cared about was the dress code. Bullying was rampant. Absolutely no discipline! American History is not taught there. Any major issues you or your child have are blamed solely on you and your child. We had to pay for bus service for the school year. The bus drivers were mean to the kids. I finally took my daughter out to homeschool her.

Posted April 20, 2007

I went to 7th grade there a few years back and it was not too bad of a school, but their courses were too easy. Also, no after school activities at the school.

Posted December 7, 2006

I received a very poor education from Aliamanu Intermediate. I put little or no effort into most of my work and earned a 4.0 for 7th and 8th grade. I was not prepared for high school, and now as a junior I am finally catching up with things I missed back in middle school.

Posted December 11, 2005

This school is very far behind. I would not recommend it to anyone. After returning to the main land my daughter had a hard time catching up. Everything she should have learned while in 7th and 8th grade she had to try and relearn in highschool. She thought the school was very easy and she rarely had any homework to do. The teachers didn't grade her work well and she made honors for pretty much just showing up. This school is a joke. The school system here is a joke.

Posted November 2, 2005

I used to go to this school and I never experienced any major problems. All schools have their ups and downs. The school is not great, but the teachers seemed to care and the administrators were as helpful as possible. However, I would suggest a private school if possible. I found that when I moved back to the main land, I had some catching up to do.

Posted July 30, 2005

I agree totally with the parent who blames administration on the poor environment here. I am a substitute teacher for 2 years here so far. The teachers are great for the most part, but there is little support for teacher when it comes to discipline and safety. Would not recommend this school to anyone who cares about the well being of their child.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 26, 2005

We just moved here in January and my son hates this school! The kids don't get to use the computers until 8th grade and that is only a basic class. This school is so far behind DOD schools that my son already learned all of the things that were being taught. The gangs,drugs and violence is terrible. I am not planning on sending my daughter there next year! There are also very few activities for the students and the staff is not very helpful. The basketball court is falling apart and my son got hurt on it and no one even called me.

Posted October 25, 2004

I would not recommend Aliamanu Intermediate to anyone, as my son just finished his 2 years there. The school administration does not acknowledge major problems with gangs, drugs and violence therefore, nothing is changing. The issue with this school lies more within a poor learning environment and administration rather than with teacher quality. Until a major overhaul is done, I would not recommend any child attend. In fact, we will leave the island next year rather than send our youngest child through this school. Wake up, Aliamanu!

Posted March 11, 2004

This is really a wonderful school. I went here for my 7th and 8th grade school year. I am now a senior in High School.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

458 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2013.

455 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Hawaii used the Hawaii State Assessment (HSA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 10 in reading and math, and grade 10 in biology. The HSA is a standards-based test that measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Hawaii. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level on the test.

Source: Hawaii Department of Education

Math

The state average for Math was 59% in 2013.

367 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2013.

368 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 29% in 2013.

363 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

Source: Hawaii Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 27% 34%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 36%N/A49%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
ELL/ESL Coordinator
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

Arts & music

Performing arts
  • Drama
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3271 Salt Lake Blvd