Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Better supports and plan in place to deal with behavior.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

We make all the accommodations as possible and try new techniques to help your child succeed. Hardest thing is for students to work just as hard at school as at home.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

New principal with new style of effective leadership!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This year there is more respect and compassion amongst our students. Our parents are doing a great job enforcing this. Teachers and parents need to work together.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have teachers that have so many ideas & this year they will be able to try out new techniques. We have technology to help our students, since they are learning best with technology.

Amount of homework: Agree

Every teacher is different but we are preparing our students for high school and post school.

Our school has been changing since last year. We have a new Principal that supports the students and teachers. He has gone around campus to clean it himself! He is purchasing technology for all classrooms to have. I know there are bad reports but we are doing great this year! We have smaller class sizes compared to our closest middle school. For our military parents/students we have a transition center to help you transition to a new school. Teachers do care about their students. I'm a proud teacher of AMS! #GoPanthers

The teachers and the staff do not care. I have to constantly notify staff to get an update on my child and they act like I'm bothering them. I also had to buy books for social studies because the school did not have enough books

All schools have their issues. This school is not exempt. However many of the issues could be remedied through parent involvement. Its easy for each entity to point their fingers and blame the other!! However it is through a strong relationship with parents and the school that the child and school will be successful. Since i have been a part of this schools functions i havent seen any parent involvement. There are many opportunities to volunteer... To be an active part of the childrens educational activities, to just help out but yet no one shows up. Change happens through participation... Its easy to complain and make it everyone elses issue BUT if you arent going to be a part of the solution then you are part of the problem. These teachers and staff are only partly responsible... Parent and students share equal responsibility in the sucess and growth of the child. I understand many people work... But zero involment for nearly 800 students isnt justified. if you put positive in positive will come out... Until then people will continue to spread around the misconceptions that are a result of no involvement or participation. My advice is Show up when there are activity days, coffee hours, ptso meetings and functions. Volunteer for book fairs, sports, copy cat club, school clean up and improvement projects, and the many other volunteer projects! Bring your ideas and support!! Working together is the way to make this school great!! The Potential is there!! Get involved and stay involved...

I went to this school fearing it would be hard since I'm military but it's not. This school is very diverse and easy to make any friends. Yes this school isn't the cleanest but, they redid many things and the campus has gotten much better. The teachers are nice and challenge you. I learned a lot and when I needed help with anything, they were always there for you. If you feel that your child could do much better, they have advanced classes for those that can learn faster than others. Over all the school isn't all that bad... It's easy to learn your way around and easy to get help if needed. This school is quick to judge but the two years I attended, my perspective changed.

Last modified Aliamanu Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.