Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

So my student started 7th grade here & is now an 8th grader. We were skeptical at first but thought we could definitely give it a chance. Every child is different & learns differently. I have to admit the first year was a challenge I'd say for my student & for myself as a parent. I knew though going in that I would definitely have to get involved just like I have ever since my kids started school, so I could get to know the admin & teachers & know what is going on in my child's education! I could tell the school definitely needed to make a lot of changes for the better & I was hoping I could help with that as much as I could as a parent b/c I want these years to be a great experience for my child! My biggest issue was the lack of communication b/w the school & parents & I have voiced my opinion many times by volunteering, attending SCC meetings & coffee hours with the principal as well so that I could voice my opinion about it. As the year went on I realized I would need to do more, so I volunteered to be on the PTSO board for the following year & brought a couple of other parents along. I have to say it's been the best thing we could have done. Starting this year we learned we would have a new principal & he is wonderful & I like what he is about, change for the better for our students & teachers!!! I could tell from the first time I met him that it is all about the kids!! He's so supportive of the PTSO & things we are doing to make it fun & exciting for the students. We have been able to recruit parent volunteers for different events, etc & even the teachers & staff are so involved & ready to help. It's been a great year so far & I expect it will continue! My child is doing great & enjoys all their teachers. I can tell a huge difference from last year, but I also believe it's the parent involvement that contributes to that as well! Middle school is hard enough on our kids & so we want this time to be memorable & fun for them so they can look back & say, yes I really enjoyed middle school & had great teachers who cared! Change doesn't happen over night, but I do believe this school will thrive & become a great school again, it's already on its way, as a parent I'm getting to witness it!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I can only speak on my child's teachers. Although my child doesn't have a lot of homework, what they do bring home is important & is challenging! They are expected to have it finished & turned in for a grade. They are given time at school sometimes to work on it or bring it home. Some homework/projects are shared so students have to work together which is great!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Better supports and plan in place to deal with behavior.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

We make all the accommodations as possible and try new techniques to help your child succeed. Hardest thing is for students to work just as hard at school as at home.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

New principal with new style of effective leadership!

Develops character: Strongly agree

This year there is more respect and compassion amongst our students. Our parents are doing a great job enforcing this. Teachers and parents need to work together.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have teachers that have so many ideas & this year they will be able to try out new techniques. We have technology to help our students, since they are learning best with technology.

Amount of homework: Agree

Every teacher is different but we are preparing our students for high school and post school.

Our school has been changing since last year. We have a new Principal that supports the students and teachers. He has gone around campus to clean it himself! He is purchasing technology for all classrooms to have. I know there are bad reports but we are doing great this year! We have smaller class sizes compared to our closest middle school. For our military parents/students we have a transition center to help you transition to a new school. Teachers do care about their students. I'm a proud teacher of AMS! #GoPanthers

The teachers and the staff do not care. I have to constantly notify staff to get an update on my child and they act like I'm bothering them. I also had to buy books for social studies because the school did not have enough books

Last modified Aliamanu Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.