Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Aliamanu Elementary School 5

Posted November 28, 2015
There is happiness and joy at the school. I truly enjoy that my son attends classes there.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 22, 2015
I feel that the educators at Aliamanu are highly effective and productive in how they teach our students. Each educator that I have talked to has words of knowledge to share.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 22, 2015
I feel the the homework that my son receives from his teacher is all needed in advancing his student learning goals . Each homework aligns with the Common Core Curriculum Standards.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 22, 2015
I feel that when I look in my son's daily planner, I find that his teacher leaves a note of how he can improve in a content area or just a note to say hello to me. I really feel that she is involved and invested in my son's education as I am.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 22, 2015
The school's FALCON guidelines really set the stage for excellence in citizenship towards diversity. Students are required to know the values expected from them daily in school and at home.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 22, 2015
Every morning when I drop my son off at school, I see educators lined up to greet each student. This really makes me smile when I see their smiles.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted November 22, 2015
I see true values of fairness, integrity, and kindness whenever I am talking to any of the educators at Aliamanu. Whenever I need to know more information about any of the content areas , I get a great response and ample information .

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 22, 2015
I would just like to say how wonderful Ms. Dawn Meyer is. I have a first grader and I wanted to learn more about the Common Core Curriculum Standards to better help my son's learning. She was so responsive with information and explained to me in a comprehensive way how I can better help my son in school. She was so patient and kind to me . She is truly a dedicated teacher.

Aliamanu Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2014
I am very disappointed in how this school runs things! From the Superintendent to the Principal and Vice Principal! They care more about covering their butts and supporting their teachers instead of the children in the school and in hearing parents complaints! It is ridiculous how they can let the teachers get away with verbally bully students and let children feel like they are nothing and aren't smart enough. I am saying all of this not only from 1 school year experience, but 2. When we first moved here my child had a bad teacher who let bully going on within the students and then try to have my child get in trouble for defending themselves. That is not only the teacher, but the vice principal trying punish my child. Then this year we had it changed around where the teacher herself was verbally bullying my child andI had an investigation opened up on her being that I had the facts come from other children and parents seeing her do it and it was said she was found innocent of it. It is so sad on how the school and teacher gets away with this kind of behavior!

Aliamanu Elementary School 4

Posted October 01, 2013
The school is really good. I have a K and 6th grader. Both my boys love the school and have made many friends. The only set back was our Kindergarden teacher was moved to another school after the first week of the school year and now after the first quarter there are so many Kindergarten students that they are starting another class so children are being moved around to accomodate. The teachers are very attentive to each of their children. So long as parents are involved in the school and what their child is learning it only helps to ensure their overall success.

3265 Salt Lake Blvd, Honolulu, HI  96818
Last modified Aliamanu Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.