6-8 & Ungraded
Honolulu, HI

President George Washington Middle School 1

Posted June 22, 2013
Washington middle school is a very irritating school. They make their clock 3 minutes early so if you're about a minute late (according to washington middle's clock) you get held back after school for a '30 minute detention' which is not true. They hold you back for 45 min- 1 hour. The 'staff' that 'supervise' the detention cuss and swear at the students and in front of the students. There are fights going on afterschool daily, kids getting bullied, kids ditching classes, etc. Only some teachers are helpful. Others will give you the textbook and numbers to do. No explanation. The only reason I sent my child here is because of the music classes. The band and orchestra program is excellent. Very sad to be seeing the band teacher retiring. Therefore, send your child to a private school like punahou school right up of washington. Washington was a pretty good school back then, but the generation nowadays are very immature.
2 people found this helpful

President George Washington Middle School 3

Posted November 24, 2012
My son enjoyed this school. He was on the track team; however there was not much reaching out to the parents on their part. I did not know their track meet schedule until 3 days before. There are pros and cons. The pros are that SOME teachers really help the students and make learning fun. Other teachers are not as supportive. My son received an F and I was not notified from the instructor in time for him to get extra help. Then, the counselor said there is a waiting list for tutoring, but by then, he was changing schools. The counselor, Mrs. Ramiro is really great in trying to help her students, but is very busy. There aren't many after school clubs that I was hoping for. I confronted the All Star Program leader for using exercise as punishment to my child, but she insisted that it works and it will continue. There is the Boys and Girls Club nearby, but I don't think the aides are invovled. They let the students interact among themselves, so my son was pretty bored and unmotivated to do his work. I hope the next school he goes to, Stevenson Middle School is better. I know they have a great Robotics Program which he was invovled with in the summer. Most students seem immature.

Posted June 10, 2012
Great school with solid teacher. I had already decided to enroll my daughter here before we moved from Cali where she was in advanced Math. She made new friends and her Math teacher Mr. Park is second to none for Math instruction. She also joined the AVID program which is still in it infancy stage but it still won the a national award!..and my daughter was apart of helping that happen. I MADE A GREAT DECISION CHOOSING WASHINGTON!! - Go Eagles!!

Posted December 10, 2011
As a third year student of Washington I got to say that this school is absolutely a first choice for those choosing a school. Washington Middle provides GT (gifted and talented) classes and fun electives. We have a math team in this school that actually made it to nationals. Our band program is top notch. Our teachers provide help to every student and help us get good grades.

Posted October 27, 2011
I like the school Its my favorite the teachers are good and it is the fun school and very dedicated

President George Washington Middle School 2

Posted February 25, 2010
I absolutely hate this school. I just moved here from california and the school system is very different. My teachers were very upbeat but when i came here they dont really teach you they just give u the assignment and a textbook and expect you to know it.

Posted September 30, 2009

President George Washington Middle School 0

Posted September 09, 2009
Washington Middle is a very good school academically. The teachers are very helpful and some of them stay after school to help the students up to 6 at night. The staff is very commited to the students' learning. However, the students there are the problem. Washington can be a violent school if you get into the wrong situations

Posted July 17, 2009
I love this school very much! It has great teachers but also is a little hard on the all the kids but they do it for a reason! They are hard on eighth graders because they want them to become great high school students, and they want us six graders to become good students for middle school and they get the six and seventh graders readdy to take on the rest of middle school happy and eager to stay hear at washington! i could not have a better middle school!

Posted October 25, 2008

President George Washington Middle School
1633 South King St, Honolulu, HI  96826
Last modified President George Washington Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
President George Washington Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top