Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 05, 2016
My daughter is currently in 1st grade at this school and she loves it. She attended another public elementary school in the area and there is no comparison. Waialae's teaching philosophy is very hands-on and innovative, instead of just relying on workbooks. They offer extensive extra-curricular programs with dedicated specialty teachers in Art, Music, P.E. Hawaiian, and Gardening! The teachers, CEO, admin staff, and even the after school program leaders are all very thoughtful and caring. Waialae employs their own after school program leaders (not outsourced like many other schools) which in my opinion, makes a difference. I also appreciate the very open and consistent communication I get from the school and teachers. Overall, this school is amazing on all levels and I'm so happy my daughter is getting a whole-child education at Waialae.

Posted June 04, 2015
My daughter went there for 3 years and I love this school. Kids are friendly, happy, the staff is nice and every time I have had any concern, they were really helpful. I was very pleased to know that she was learning in a safe environment. My daughter loved it.

Posted May 07, 2014
The kids at Waialae are friendly, happy, and work well together. The school's holistic approach to education shows in the various extracurricular activities, projects, and field trips they organize. Like any where else, some teachers are great, some are so-so. The school could do a bit more to challenge the advanced kids but other than that, great school.

Waialae Elementary - Public Charter School 4

Posted September 30, 2013
In response to the previous post: "A lot going on behind the scenes at this school, wouldn't send my child there. The CEO is nice, but oblivious. They have trouble hanging on to teachers and not without reason. " I'm not sure where this individual is getting their information if they don't even attend Wai'alae. In regards to teacher turn-over, I don't believe our churn rate unreasonably high. We generally loose teachers to maternity and moving back to the Mainland. We have also lost teachers because they moved abroad, which is a testiment to their adventurous spirit, which we want to foster in our children.

Waialae Elementary - Public Charter School 1

Posted September 29, 2013

Waialae Elementary - Public Charter School 2

Posted May 16, 2013
My daughter 2nd great teacher is AWFUL...very lazy and disorganized, and although we had a parent/teacher/principal meeting...minimal improvements...teacher needs to retire...she is lacking nurture and it has been observed by other parents that the student take advantage of the teacher's lack of focus and laziness. Its a hit or miss with the teachers. 1st grade teacher was excellent! However, as stated previously..this year's 2nd grade teacher terrible! Most likely opting for private school in the Fall. Principal unsupportive, has never followed up since the meeting and she is always in meetings.

Posted February 13, 2013
I go there it is great (p.s. my dad is on the board) I like may day there

Posted July 15, 2011
After one year at this school it has become very clear that we made the correct choice for our daughter, and we are now great fans of public charter schools. The teachers are warm and caring. Great vision and curriculum. Friendly campus with a beautiful view. Wonderful assortment of extracurricular activities. Love the connection with the community and environmental awareness. It has provided a perfect transition from Montessori to a more traditional school setting. We love this school.

Waialae Elementary - Public Charter School 1

Posted May 13, 2011
Very turned off by their corporate approach! The intent to follow their vision is there but the administration is not approachable and they seem to be concerned with their agenda, which, doesn't always accommodate what is in the best interest of the child (family). Very disappointed since we were attracted to their curriculum and visionary statement. I felt a strong disconnect between the administration and the intent of the teachers.

Waialae Elementary - Public Charter School

Posted October 14, 2010
Great public charter school. I really like the teachers and the curriculum and small class sizes.

Waialae Elementary - Public Charter School
1045 19th Ave, Honolulu, HI  96816
Last modified Waialae Elementary - Public Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waialae Elementary - Public Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top