Bad
Good

My daughter has been at this school for the past two years and I can honestly say that I am very satisfied with the education she is receiving. The teachers are knowledgable in their subject area and all seem to care about the students. I think that Roosevelt has one of the top music programs in Hawaii which is why my daughter wanted to come to this school.

I think Roosevelt does a great job dealing with it's wide range of students. From those who just moved to America and are still in English learning programs(ESLL) to AP and honor students who want to be challenged. All students are provided for under Roosevelt's curriculum. Only hardworking and determined teachers are teach AP and honor courses. The biggest downfall is that non-honor and AP courses are heterogeneous at Roosevelt. (ESLL students are enrolled in them.) Subsequently, teachers tend to make the curriculum easy and students aren't challenged enough. Roosevelt has an OUTSTANDING band program, and involved clubs and organizations including PAAC, Leo Club, Red Cross, Key Club, Korean Club, Christian Club, Math team, and many more. One of the best characteristics of Roosevelt is it's cultural diversity and it's commitment to providing an education for all students.

I was very satisfied with the education I received from Roosevelt. I participated in the music program, athletics, and took advantage of higher level academic courses. Majority of the teachers were great and I felt as though my high school education equipped me for college as I am now pursuing my academic goals in an out of state school. The one downside that I would have to express though, is the quality of facilities. Although I was able to use the renovated auditorium and the new field, the individual classrooms in which we are used daily should be given more attention.

Very satisfied with the education my child reveived at Roosevelt. Outstanding band program.

Last modified President Theodore Roosevelt High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.