Bad
Good

Posted May 29, 2011
Nuuanu is a wonderful school. I experienced this first hand as a student. I had a fourth grade teacher named Mrs. Hamane who would come in on Sundays to help students who were struggling with different subjects, above and beyond the call of teaching. Both of my children and my neices and nephew also attended Nuuanu, my son even had the same sixth grade teacher I had. My sister even moved back home just to be in the disrict The school is more like a big family, parent involvement is amazing and rewarding and the teachers are like old friends. As a matter of fact one teacher is an alumni.

Posted June 17, 2008
Our daughter is starting K this fall. We were registered at another 'highly ranked' Elem., but got the call from Nuuanu. We were happy w/our orig. choice but decided to tour anyway. The principal(!) made the time to show us around. What a beautiful campus...which is surrounded by the Koolaus and looks down to the ocean. No need for a/c as it's very cool & breezy. We know it rains a lot there but they have a covered play area (the size of 3 or 4 bball courts). The Principal knew the kids by name and some called out to him as we walked by the classes. We were also impressed to see some of the projects funded by the parent group which seems amazingly supportive. Traffic is also not bad getting there. And finally, the ofc. staff is helpful and friendly!

Posted May 11, 2004
The teachers and admin staff are excellent with the children. The parent and volunteer involvement is awesome. Children who attend Nuuanu receive an excellent education. My child went from a private school to a public school and the only difference I saw was amount of money I was able to save- that's how excellent the quality of the education level is at Nuuanu Elementary.

Nuuanu Elementary School
3055 Puiwa Ln, Honolulu, HI  96817
Last modified Nuuanu Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.