Posted August 22, 2013
MANOA Elementary School just placed NUMBER ONE in the entire state of Hawaii for educational testing!! Way to go students and teachers! We beat neighboring Noelani school. The new statewide rating system is called Strive HI Performance System. After school my son attends the free sports programs next door at Manoa District Park and Pool. The best part is that I don't have to pick him up at 2:15, he can walk right next door! : )

Manoa Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2013
Manoa Elementary School is great in terms of academics, however, community awareness is a bit lacking. There was a eco-program where Noelani students and quite a bit from 'Iolani as well, and it was in the gym next to Manoa Elementary School and yet there was zero involvement from Manoa Elementary School.

Manoa Elementary School 1

Posted February 24, 2011
I have heard that the principal is a horrible person and not even former teachers are welcomed or would want to help because of her. I am a parent of a third grader and being a teacher as well, I am happy with all of his teachers. They are welcoming and very dedicated to helping the kids. The principal though is very spiteful and unsupportive, and I hear most of the teachers there are most unhappy and feel unappreciated. I was told that the principal even pushed out the best music teacher in the state. I wish principals were audited by parents, teachers, students, and then the district superintendents.

Manoa Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
After reading some of the reviews, I curious why "administration" is not so great. We should be asking the unions who are depriving our children from their education why they did not ask teachers & the administration if they would rather take a paycut & continue teaching vs. furloughs. The administration has to deal with so many unions - HSTA, UPW, HGEA, etc. Each with their own contacts & stipulations. Did we ever wonder why cafeteria workers work in summer when school is not in session? This is not to say one person is no more or less important another. We should appreciate the fact Manoa Teachers, Administration & Staff accomplish so much in what little time & resources they have. Ranked #4 over all schools in HI (Honolulu Magazine) & #2 in reading AND math scores too! We as parents should be proud & fortunate our children attend Manoa.

Manoa Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2010
The students are good. The parents are good. The school needs a new leadership: My son had a great teacher, but the administration (=principal) is not so great (well, far from great!). Schools should be student-centered. It's so sad to see our educational system allows those people to just sit there and collect money. We need real educators who care about our children.

Manoa Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2010

Posted November 14, 2009

Manoa Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
Show me another public school with a super-awesome community garden! Manoa Rocks!

Manoa Elementary School 2

Posted August 17, 2009
This school may get high test scores, and we heard this school was strict, but we didn't know how extreme the strictness was until school began. On the first day of school, parents were shoo'd away before school started without the ability to go into the class room, check it out, and help our students get settled in. They require as a school policy all kids to put their heads down when they are done with lunch, and no one leaves their class' table until everyone's head is down. And they only have 3 things for 3rd graders to play, tether ball, 4 square, and jump rope -- that's all, nothing else is allowed. I can understand having a proactive approach for discipline, but they make school all work and no fun, and thus learning not fun. Not a good way to promote a life-long love of learning!

Posted May 16, 2009

Manoa Elementary School
3155 Manoa Rd, Honolulu, HI  96822
Last modified Manoa Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manoa Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top