President Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2010
I worked at Lincoln for 8 years. Like the previous parent, I've seen the school go down yearly. There is no leadership, the principal kicks back while the vice principal runs the school. There is no parental involvement because our Parent community network coordinator position was wiped our in order to keep the vice principal on board despite the fact that we only have 350 students. Other programs have been cut, class sizes are large and support staff are cut so the money can be used for the vice principal. The faculty and staff are great despite the lack of leadership and support. We are there for the children The parents need to get involved. Teachers has questioned the higher up about the lack of leadership which fell to deaf ears. If parents get involved the results would be better.

President Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 3

Posted September 22, 2010
Three of my keiki went thru Lincoln School. Over the years the school quality has gone down. The enrollment goes down each year and the school still has a vice principal. I do not understand that. The administration is cold and unapproachable. The staff and teachers are great. Classes have gotten larger. Less programs are offered. The once great Lincoln Ohana is no more. As a parent I do not feel the aloha the school once had.

President Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 5

Posted May 05, 2010
I attended Lincoln School from pre-school till 6th grade when it was offered... Most of my teachers are still there and my hearts still there... My great grandma dedicated her life working there... I love that school!!!

President Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
I am an alumni of Lincoln Elementary and one of the first Head Start sites on Oahu in the mid 60's. I have 5 children and they have all attended Lincoln as well. I love Lincoln and hope to see my grandchild attend the same school. Administration Office and staff are great to work with. The Lincoln Ohana (PTA) is an awesome component to families caring for our school and our students. We have Lincoln Pride in community. The teachers in all grades are all great to work with as well. Kamehameha Schools Preschools were also present in the 80's and my children were fortunate to attend and have a great start in their educational life as well. The students are of mixed nationalities from 3 homestead communities called Papakolea, Kewalo and Kalawahine and the surrounding Makiki community as well. Thanks to community leaders like Puni Kekauoha and Adrienne Dillard we have a great relationship with its Principal who cares for community, the partnership and the collaborative work to support education in school and in our communities. Mahalo for letting me share these words of compassion and knowledge about our school. LINCOLN! I encourege communities to have this type of relationship with their schools, its is import to the well being of our childrens educational careers while growing up!

President Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 0

Posted March 28, 2010
Homework is fine, however I think there needs to be more explaination in the area of math in particular. It can be a very difficult and confusing subject. I as a parent sometimes have difficulty understanding. Also, 5-10 minutes of the entire class repeating in unison one or two sets of multiplication tables. My student comes home very frustrated and discouraged which is extremely non-productive.

President Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2006

President Abraham Lincoln Elementary School 4

Posted February 25, 2006
- a former student
This is a really good school. I went to this school for my whole elementary learning. The school was wonderful, the children were nice and the teachers were really helpful. There was no profanity during this time at all, and everyone really wanted to learn. It's a great school and a well learning enviroment to be in. I'm out of highschool now and I would just say that this was the best place that I learned. They have probably expanded the range of things they taught as well so it must be even greater as before.

President Abraham Lincoln Elementary School
615 Auwaiolimu St, Honolulu, HI  96813
Last modified President Abraham Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
President Abraham Lincoln Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top