Bad
Good

Though this school has some areas to work on, I do believe this school is one of the better schools in town. The major problem is that the majority of the students are ELL (mostly from Micronesia) which makes it very difficult for the brighter students to advance; the lessons only go as fast as the slowest student. I have seen the special classes (art, computer, music, pe) and I am really impressed at how the school values the education in this field. My biggest impression comes from the computer lab. They have the latest (as of 2009) iMac lab. This is a full lab consisting of 25+ computers. Most High Schools don't even have a computer lab like this one. It makes me very excited to see the kind of projects these kids can do with the technology given to them.

The school focuses on the whole child. I like the way that music, art, p.e., computer, and library are part of the weekly activities, unlike other schools that have cut out some or all of those areas. The teachers also work very hard. The school seems well-maintained. They have a big playground, but it would be good if they had more playground equipment.

I cant say it is the best but it is average. I found most of the teachers to be involved. Some not. One of my children did very well the other ok. The students are a bit rough and at times. The school is in a nice location and not so crowded, over all it was an ok experience.

I have to say, this is the worst school my child has been to. My child is now going to Hokulani Elementary School and she loves it. When we went to Kuhio, we recived no parent involvement, and no respect from the teachers. If I could, I would give this school no stars.

Last modified Prince Jonah Kuhio Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.