President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 2

Posted June 13, 2013
my daughter made the observation that her teacher was a lot nicer when other adults were around.

President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted July 23, 2012
When we first moved to Hawaii three years ago,we put of children at Waikiki Elem.Sch. and what a big mistake that was. A bunch of snobs,the whole lot of them I tell you. The folks working the front office were just horrible to deal with at any level. One lady working there stated,"I don't get paid to answer questions!" That did it for us,We removed our kids the next day and put them at Pres.Thomas Jefferson Elem. Sch. What a difference,like night and day. We have been very happy with their advance educational programs and I think we will need tutors soon so that we can help our children with their homework,lol. The new principle,is a fine principle & military man and totally understands his goals and the goals for the state of Hawaii. Schools on the mainland were not nearly as advance as schools here in Hawaii and not nearly as crowded either. Here,it's not Spanish first and English last, it's all English and no distractions. Putting our kids here at Pres.Thomas Jefferson Elementary and moving to Hawaii was the smartest move we made in our lives and no regrets. We are actually learning many new things from our kids about culture and history. Mahalo-

President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 5

Posted July 22, 2011
there have been many exciting improvements to instruction that the teachers & staff have been fortunate to implement. The bell schedule was revised to allow for an intervention block where teachers are allowed time during school to work with their students who may have difficulty understanding certain concepts as well as providing advanced work for those students who are accelerated. They also offer their students Physical Education, Music, Character Education, as well as Library and Hawaiian Studies. Teachers are provided time to articulate within their grade level to ensure that discussions about data, curriculum, and instruction take place on a regular basis with the goal of constant improvement leading the way.

President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted May 02, 2011
My kids have gone for the past three years. This year the school has gone through a big change. The principal retired last year and we haven't met the new one at any of the events (strange). All the fun seems to be gone, had to tell the kids no hula this year and no ukalele or hip hop classes. Have to say kids are working hard on basic math and reading to up the school scores but the schools cohesiveness is missing. Teachers are still very good and communicative.

President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2009
I'm proud to say that I have had my son at Jefferson for the past 3 years and have enjoyed it very much. When we first moved here, the ESL class helped my son become proficient in English in his first year in Kindergarten. They used computers to help out with their learning as well. I'm very proud at the accomplishments my son has achieved while going here with his understanding of English, Math and Reading. They've done everything I had expected from them. I'm sorry to say that we'll be leaving Jefferson next year because we have recently moved but will leave knowing my son has turned out very nicely and he is very prepared to start at his new school next year. Remember, parenting is a big part of their school experience. Be a part of their learning.

President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 4

Posted April 14, 2009
My son attends Jefferson and I think the school is exceptional. The Front Office is welcoming and the Principal is caring. The staff are diverse and the opportunities offered are plenty.

President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 1

Posted February 10, 2008

President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School 2

Posted January 04, 2008
I feel this school needs quite a bit of improvement. Many of the teachers are stuck in the 1970's style of teaching. The library has very few new books. The principal needs to go.Complete disconnect from the teachers. No art,no music, no trained PE teacher. My daughter has attended for one year and will not go back. The few good teachers they do have send their children to private schools.

President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School
324 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI  96815
Last modified President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
President Thomas Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top