Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted May 08, 2016
I have 2 kids in Hahaione and I'm having the worst experience I could imagine...It's out first full year in the school. In almost 6 years of preschool and elementry in other places never had anything similar. I completly agree with the prior review, hoping is not to late to apply for GE to move my kids to another school.

Posted April 12, 2016
This School has changed a lot since former principal, vice principal and Mrs.Amber left in 2014. School is losing parent volunteers to help school events, too. I was very active parents at this school, but do not feel like helping anymore. Students are losing motivation and the school is making them feel frustrated. This school does not discipline children, but punish them. (5th grade students won't be able to participate in their school trip after receiving one referral letter, and second one? they won't be able to participate in their graduation party on the last day!!!) Our children deserve good teachers and a great leader at school to help them, teach them and guide them.

Hahaione Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2013
My son is in the second grade and is having a good experience so far. Amber Stanley, a first grade teacher, is absolutely fantastic. My son has blonde hair and blue eyes and we've never sensed any discrimination as described by another poster. I would like to know which teacher in particular she is referring to. I gave only 4 stars because there's always room for improvement, right?

Posted April 24, 2011
This is a really good school. Mr. Bradley the 5th grade teacher is outstanding, he is the kind of teacher the kids really like and yet he gets the job done and communicates daily via email. The variety of after-school programs available is much better than those offered at our previous (private) school. the facilities are nice and spacious, the computers are new Macs, and the parents are all involved. There are a lot of events like Ohana Night, Talent Show, and Halloween Fun. So glad it's our neighborhood school!!! Unlike some schools, most kids here really are from the neighborhood.

Posted January 03, 2011
I wish that my son had the same positive experiences at Hahaione as some of these other students report. However, my son is blond with blue eyes. He was treated very poorly by his teacher and I believe that it was absolutely race-based discrimination. She made many "haole" jokes and derogatory remarks. My son is very bright, but in front of the entire class she humiliated him and asked him if he was retarded. She mocked him and asked if he wanted to go to special ed. (Since leaving Hahaione, my child has been in gifted and talented classes exclusively) Regardless of whether or not he needed special ed, the childish way that she treated a child was reprehensible. No child should be humiliated and Special Ed isn't a punishment, it is a program to help kids with special needs. When I attempted repeatedly to work it out with the principal, I received a lot of promises and lip service, but no follow through. Eventually I reported the problems to the superintendent who took immediate action. The reason I am giving this school 2 stars instead of 1 is because after the superintendent got involved, things improved immensely for the duration of my son't fifth grade year.

Posted November 23, 2010
We joined Hahaione last year and are very fond of the school. Parents are heavily involved and teachers are (for the most part) exceptional.

Posted August 17, 2010
We're on our fourth year at Haha'ione Elementary and are so happy with our school. Wonderful teachers, involved parents, happy kids. Exposure to music, Hawaiiana, foreign language, physical education and more -- and all that begins in Kindergarten! Plus, the PYP Programme offers curriculum focused on global thinking and community-mindedness.

Hahaione Elementary School

Posted April 13, 2010
Their constant effort to improve learning and our community

Posted November 04, 2009
It's a great school, my daughter is in Kindergarten and she loves it. She has been better behaved since she started school there, her teacher works with the kids through a reward system so that really has helped my daughter. They PTA is awesome they plan many great events and the parents really get involved and help the kids really love their school.

Posted September 09, 2008
Great school, great parents. Both my daughters love it.

Hahaione Elementary School
595 Pepeekeo St, Honolulu, HI  96825
Last modified Hahaione Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.