PK-5 & Ungraded
Honolulu, HI

Aliiolani Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2014
I attended Aliiolani Elementary School in the 50's and thought of my former schools after I retired in 2001 to see how I could help this school inspire the students to learn. I informed the school's principal that a sundial might be a solution to inspire our younger minds to look up into the sky because this is where their future will be. I later found out that the principal was transferred to Wm. Paul Jarrett Intermediate School and the PTA were discussing the cost of building it. I don't know if they ever built it but it was their loss if it was not built. Many do not know that two of the Mars rovers has sundials that are mounted on them so when a picture is taken it can tell what time it was. I read somewhere that a local boy designed that sundial after he attended a mainland school. I would encourage everyone to see the NORTH AMERICAN SUNDIAL SOCIETY registry and see the 28 foot sundial in Hawaii. Many local islanders don't know it's located in Pearl City.

Aliiolani Elementary School 5

Posted January 12, 2014
Ali'iolani Elementary was my school and it was the BEST elementary school EVER!!! The teachers are strict but only bescause they want you to succeed in all that you do. They are very understanding and they have a reading program that helps the student read more frequently. It's called AR. You read a book and then take a test online for it and you get graded for it. It's really helpful. They have the best teacher/staff there everyone is friendly

Aliiolani Elementary School 5

Posted January 25, 2011
Principle, teachers and assistants are great! Good environment. PTA members and childrens are good too.

Posted August 02, 2008

Posted February 17, 2008
I think the teachers are great! They really focus on the kids and their ability to learn. Great environment, the Principal is a great leader, he encourages his staff to excel and enhance the learning experience at this school. With the kind of resources they receive, they do a great job in teaching and developing our kids. Facilities could be better, the state should invest more money in this school.

Posted March 28, 2007

Posted September 19, 2006

Aliiolani Elementary School
1240 7th Ave, Honolulu, HI  96816
Last modified Aliiolani Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aliiolani Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top