Posted May 06, 2013
my daughter went there on her fifth year. and then my son just last year attended kindergarten there. both my children had a blast there. my son especially. he enjoyed everyday day that he went to school. and his teacher did an outstanding job. we moved last summer. the school his attending right now is mesmerized at how much he knows. he received a N.Gresham blue ribbon reward last fall for his outstanding effort. thanks to ala wai school for setting that foundation.

Ala Wai Elementary School 4

Posted August 11, 2010
My son went to this school last school year 2009-2010. He was in kindergarten, his teacher was extraordinary, she always went above and beyond with my son. I always saw the principal around asking for feedback and making sure everyone was on the same page. I love this school; my son had a beautiful experience. We left Honolulu because we are a military family and we truly miss this school.

Posted April 17, 2010
Our experience with Ala Wai Elementary has been nothing but positive. My oldest son has attended for 2 yrs now (K and 1st). His first grade teacher, Mrs. Sato, has gone out of her way to keep him engaged and challenged in class. This school really cares about it's students, academically and emotionally. Even with 'furlough Fridays' and budget cuts they continue to give it everything they have. The Principal, Mrs. Unni and Vice Principal Mrs, Mendonca are very active at the school, and highly visible and approchable. (I've even seen them directing traffic to keep our keiki safe). Mr. Yim, the lower grades Counselor, is always keeping an eye out for new ways to help the kids. Mr. Toby and Miss Ruthie from the PSAP program are dedicated to the children in their care. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Ala Wai Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2010

Posted January 24, 2009
Ala Wai School is awesome. The teachers and staff are very caring about the individual child. My child is fortunate to be in this school. I don't know the Principal personally but she must be quite a wonderful woman; Counselor Mr. Makaimoku is priceless.

Posted January 23, 2009
This school has the best teachers and principal and the school counselor is so positive in his dealings with the young students. Claudia England

Posted April 23, 2008
My son is in their Preschool. The teachers and aides are so good with the kids and I feel the communication lines between the teachers and parents is excellent.

Posted February 23, 2008
My daughter is in Kindergarten and I am very impressed with the way the teachers have been teaching. My daughter comes home everyday with something new. This is way different than when I was in School. Ms Unni and the Vice principal are always around to help the students and also attend alot of the parent functions or school activities. Today for example, there was a fun fair and I saw both principals there. This is an awsome school

Posted February 12, 2008
My child attended the Ala Wai from 1st to 5th grade and A+ for all 5 years and graduated. The teachers were wonderful, staff was helpful, classmates were great, and the fellow parents were friendly too! Ms. Unni is a hands-on principal, always there for the children and takes charge of everything! A wonderful person. No wonder Ala Wai Elementary was 1 of the 3 schools to be nominated for the NCLB's Blue Ribbon School Program! I am proud to say that my child graduated from Ala Wai Elementary School!

Ala Wai Elementary School 4

Posted September 26, 2007
My son is in K and is enjoying school and A+ at Ala Wai - so much so that he cries when I pick him up early! It is too early into the school year to yet determine anything on a learning level, so we are just happy that he is happy. Our only concern is the size of his class (25) and hope this is not the same in the higher grades. Aloha, Michele Pokung, parent

Ala Wai Elementary School
503 Kamoku St, Honolulu, HI  96826
Last modified Ala Wai Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ala Wai Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top