Sacred Hearts Academy 4

Posted August 05, 2013
SHA is a great school. The teachers are kind to each other and to their students, hence they teach students to be kind to each other. Elementary level education seems to be better than public school Ed: resources, before/ after school help, adv. technology use, smaller class size, aides in the class, parent help welcomed, excellent comm. between parent and teacher, homework, and friendships. I am glad there is a school like SHA for my 10 y.o.: it is teaching and supporting our beliefs towards academics, appreciation and responsibility.

Sacred Hearts Academy 4

Posted July 22, 2013
I think that Sacred Hearts is a wonderful school to go to, especially when the teachers are so nice and helpful. The teachers are always there by your side. Even though there's a few students that are slightly mean, its still a great school to go to. i recommend this school for your daughter.

Sacred Hearts Academy 1

Posted March 04, 2013
my kids went here.... this school seems to favor certain students - like alum's kids or whoever close to the school/teachers. the kids can sense that. lots of gift giving going on, too. if the teachrs treat everyone equally, it would become a better school.

Posted June 08, 2012
The new elementary art teacher did a wonderful job this year. On a visit to the school before their year ended I saw a number of creative pieces of art which impressed me. I am used to seeing art in elementary schools be "cookie cutter." I saw art where students expressed their individuality and creativity.

Posted February 17, 2012
as an alumna and a parent of an alumna of SHA, I would recommend SHA to parents who want their daughters to obtain an excellent education. Its been at least a decade since I visited the school, but I recently toured SHA with my daughter & granddaughter and was very happy to see how the school has evolved. My daughter excelled in her college classes due to her SHA education. She was an honors student her first two years of college. I see comments about a lot of homework, but lets face it you get out of it what you put into it. Should your daughter spend ALL weekend on homework? I mean that's 48 hours plus if you count Friday evening. But seriously, I can't see how she would even spend 16 hours on homework on a given weekend. I find that hard to believe that there is that much homework. Perhaps there is more to it - is she using her time well or does she need some help because she is struggling? I would find out why she is spending so much time on homework and how much time should be spent on homework. The ratio I was given for college level is 3 hours of homework for every 1 hour of class. My granddaughter will probably attend SHA in the fall she loved it.

Posted November 30, 2011
SHA has definitely brought my daughter out from her shell, but in a good way. She is more confident and has built her self-esteem to where she comfortable in participating in class. She has learned time management as she is involved with sports and clubs. The teachers are very concerned about the girls growing into young, respectable, and favorable adults.

Posted May 12, 2011
My daughter has been attending Sacred Hearts Academy for 7 years now. She is currently a Junior. I highly recommend this school not only for their academics but also for their performing arts. Yes at times there is an extreme amount of homework/projects due, but this is where time management comes in. This is a preview of what colleges expect from a student. Compared to what other private high schools are charging for tuition on Oahu, we feel that SHA has afforded an outstanding education and opportunities for our daughter.

Sacred Hearts Academy 3

Posted October 11, 2010
While this school has great teachers and makes a point of emphasizing math and science for girls, it has the reputation of assigning massive amounts of homework in the upper grades. This year, an 8th grader spends all weekend on homework. There is little time for family life or extracurricular activities.

Sacred Hearts Academy 0

Posted October 09, 2010
It has help prepare my ward for her future aspirations and has challenged some of her perceptions about the world in which we live.

Sacred Hearts Academy 0

Posted April 26, 2010
SHA provides the opportunity for mental, spiritual, and educational growth.

Sacred Hearts Academy
3253 Waialac Avenue, Honolulu, HI  96816
Last modified Sacred Hearts Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Sacred Hearts Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.