No rating

St Patrick School

Private | PK-8 | 343 students

Living in Honolulu

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $681,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,600.

Posted May 7, 2013

Saint Patrick School is ALL ABOUT EXCELLENT TEACHING and creating a LEARNING ENVIRONMENT where children excel academically, socially and personally. Children are happy at Saint Patrick School. They want to go to school and learn. This is reason enough to send your child to this school. The administration leads with vision and professionalism. The principal is constantly working to support excellent instruction, and is present with children. The teachers are the BEST IN HAWAII. They love children and teaching. They are committed to providing the best education for every student. Saint Patrick School is unique in many ways. It offers electives in the arts, performing arts, sciences, physical education, advanced math, and world languages. The curriculum is aligned to National Core Standards. Morning and after school care, summer programs, field trips, educational opportunities for parents, and technology is integrated into every classroom. Saint Patrick subscribes to BYOD. Today decides tomorrow. Children are our future. Saint Patrick school is hard at work, educating our next generation in Hawaii.

Posted May 7, 2013

Children love learning at Saint Patrick School! Our children are thriving in school. They come home and are excited about what they learned during the day. I can talk easily with their teachers, and i feel like we are partners in our children's education. The administration has a "real open door policy." I feel welcome in the principal's office. Saint Patrick School uses Ed Line so we can look at homework, assignments, and grades on-line at anytime. Every Sunday we receive a phone call with information about the coming week. Our children's teachers stay in contact with us personally and by phone and e-mail. We feel very much apart of our children's education. Our family loves how Saint Patrick School educates for the future. Our kids love how technology is included in all subject areas. Art, Music, PE, World Languages, and Tutoring are things our children really love about school. As parents, we want the best education possible in Hawaii for our children. Saint Patrick School is providing this for our children with their commitment to meeting national standards. Your children too will love learning at Saint Patrick School!

Posted May 7, 2013

Saint Patrick School is GREAT for kids! The teachers, principal and office staff work so hard to make learning fun! I am a graduate and now a parent at Saint Patrick School. I send my kids to Saint Patrick because of the EXCELLENT TEACHERS. I also love that the curriculum is based on national standards assuring me that my kids will be as prepared for college as I was. My kids love Math, Social Studies, PE, Reading, Writing, and the Cooperative Learning. Saint Patrick School is all about kids and learning!

Posted April 8, 2013

This school is just terrifically horrible. My child learn absolutely nothing and I am surprised how lazy the teachers are. Some of them are good but most of them would not help my child in what they are having trouble on and I think most of them don't care. I am pretty sure the teachers have a "favorite students" and give them good grades. Also my child has told me that they are not allowed to run around or play tag. I think kids should go out and play. Also from what I see is most of the kids don't even play. Also the teachers just go walking around when they play like security guards or something. Also I like how the school always want money from parents but then they give nothing in return. I hear my child rarely go on field trips. My child has been to other schools like Royal school and Jefferson and this one was the worse.

Posted January 19, 2013

Exception teachers and Principal leadership in a very caring environment that has zero tolerance for bullying and nurtures sharing and compasion in fellowship among all their students. They have a contemporary approach to old school teaching which emphasizes traditional academic sckills without losing site of technology. My kid easily engages in his lessons and learrns a great deal. We are very please with his progress as a well rounded student and his peers also reflect this kind of educational status. Certainly all private schools are good, but this one is truly excellent.

Posted March 14, 2012

With the implementation of new programs and technology, students are able to learn and succeed in a great learning environment. Safe school. Nice students.

Posted May 8, 2011

Saint Patrick School has continued to develop into an excellent school. I have children in their early learning program and couldn't be happier. They are at least a year ahead of where they would be in the local public schools, and happier than if they were in one of the larger private schools. I look forward to seeing them continue through their 8th Grade. I have seen great things in their upper grades with the intergration of technology into the classes. I especially like the idea of internet based texts being used in the classroom. Saint Patrick also uses Edline which helps me stay informed about what is happening with my children.

Posted April 27, 2010

St. Patrick provides a balanced curriculum that educates the whole child. The Christian values are emphasized throughout the curriculum. The teachers demonstrate a strong sense of community and care for each and every student. The School offers a quality education for all children including preschool. That's great news for young familiies in our neighborhood.

Posted February 28, 2010

I taught at this school in the 70's. I thought it was a good school then. Now that I have grand children in the school, it is a great school. The school has advanced so much and the programs offered are preparing students for highschool. My grand child will be applying for a private highschool because of the preparation at St. Patrick. Thank you.

Posted July 28, 2009

Compared to other private schools of this 'league', this has to be the worst. Only recently new technology and 'normal' procedures been adopted. The school also has bad funds, so it cannot afford many things needed for a higher-quality education to be expected. The staff of teachers there are absolutely horrible. I admit, there are some excellent experienced teachers, but most are just bad. The students aren't even educated very well. They aren't being prepared for high school and the real world. Bad methods and some teachers are overly aggressive, creating a serious self-esteem problem. The actual physical environment is well-suited for learning, but it is not taken advantage of. The poorly funded extra curricular programs are of no use, and your money is better used elsewhere. Bad funding, bad teachers, insufficient staff, and bad environment make this one of the worst schools. Your money is put to waste here.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 21, 2009

The school's technology has just gotton better and better. first LCD projectors,Second laptops for the older students, and our newest technology Smartboards for 5th -6th math and 7th-8th grade science
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 27, 2009

This School is child centered. Teachers address what my child needs. she is doing so much better.

Posted January 9, 2009

This school is great. I am a former teacher and I have gone to some of the best Catholic Schools in the United States. St. Patricks tuition is also very reasonable considering the value you get for the tuition.

Posted November 29, 2008

I think its a wonderful school. My child has been doing better and challenging herself more than her previous school.

Posted October 20, 2008

My child has been attending Saint Patrick School since the 2nd grade. I believe the transition of a new principle and new guidelines in teaching, instructing, homework and extra-cirricular activities have greatly improved the credibility of the school. I have witnessed a great improvement in my child's scholastic performance. The school encourages everyone to be a well-rounded student. From traditional subjects to elective courses in art, music and language, can only enhance each child. There is a sense of family amongst faculty, parents and student-body. The athletics programs offers each child an opportunity to learn a sport and teaches team play. All transitions begin with 'bumps in the road', however, I have seen progress in the last two years with this school and am duly impressed. From a parent whose child in now in the 8th grade and will graduate May 2009.

Posted April 27, 2008

This school was so much better when the previous principal was there. She made the school feel safe, fun, and comfortable. Now this new principal she does not back up the kids at all. My daughter has been going to St. Patrick for two years and I am pulling her out. I have gone to a private school in the mainland and they would take care of their students. I believe St. Patrck is just out for the money.

Posted April 7, 2008

The school is doing a wonderful job implementing new technology. Laptops for student use in the classrooms, LCD projectors for interactive classes, Edline for parent access to all student activities, homework, grades and teacher communications are just a few things that are coming up!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 24, 2007

The faculty and staff are so welcoming to a new parent. The office staff took us on a tour and helped us with transitioning from our old school (which we really liked and missed).

Posted July 23, 2007

Dedicated and caring teachers with vision Assessment strategies electronic Children learn to care for each other Mental, Spiritual, Physical, Emotional aspects of the whole child are focused on
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 23, 2007

SPS is a close community with high expectations for achievement.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 53% 34%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Honolulu

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3320 Harding Avenue