St. Theresa School 4

Posted May 04, 2013
I am a seventh grader here, and I love this school so much, but over the past few years, a lot has changed. Some changes are for the better, but some are not helping the school at all. It's really sad to see that a lot of our teachers will not be back next year. Some of those teachers lead extracurricular activities, and I don't know what will happen to them, but I really hope they won't get rid of them. I really like how the Head of School genuinely cares for each and every one of the students, but the Dean of Students doesn't really seem to care at all. All in all, I'm glad that the school is starting to improve, and when I graduate next year, I will be proud to say I came from Saint Theresa School. Go Beavers!

St. Theresa School 2

Posted October 18, 2012
My friends and I went back to St.Theresa School to help out teachers as part of our community service. As alumni, we felt very unwelcome and were treated as if we were bad people by the Dean of Students. I received a letter in the mail from the Head of School mentioning how he welcomed alumni. I do not think the Dean of Students feels the same way as the Head of School. We have younger brothers and sisters that still attend the school, yet we are chased off campus. I am sure that the school is going to ask us to donate back to the school. Why should my friends and I donate to a school that does not welcome it's alumni on campus. I know of many other alumni that feel the same way. I remember when my friends and I were proud to tell people we graduated from St. Theresa. Now it is all about money and liabilities. Too bad, hopefully they can get better administrators for the 2013-2014 school year. Ones that genuinely care about alumni and students, especially since I attended from Kindergarten to eighth grade. I hope they do not treat the current students like the alumni. I pray that we will be welcome at St. Theresa again, but I do not see that too soon in the future.

St. Theresa School 2

Posted August 12, 2012
I graduates STS in 2011. In all my 9 years there (kinder-eighth), I think that Sister John did a better job that any of the other principal s/head of schools that followed her. It was disheartening to see, as a child, the school go from being exceptionally successful in academics and teaching the students responsibility to basically changing the entire curriculum and not challenging the child in the classroom. When the staff of the school changed, I feel that the trust that the students had in the previous teachers diminished greatly because they never fully get to understand the teaching system of the new teachers, and these new teachers 75% of the time did not help the students one-on-one like they should have. If I had graduated in 2009 I would have been proud to be an alumni, but now, I'm just disappointed.

St. Theresa School 3

Posted July 23, 2012
I've been part or the St. Theresa alumni for a little over 1 year now. At the school, I learned a lot about myself. I highly enjoyed the administration up until the very last year. I personally think it made a huge difference in the quality of the school because all of the sudden changes causes lose of focus on the main practice of a "school". It was a good school when i went though and It had that family feeling. I personally hope it can somehow revive its self and make a comeback. I have a lot of good things to say about the school but they all have to do with the people in it, most of which are no longer there. That being said, i can't really comment on the school anymore.

St. Theresa School 1

Posted July 23, 2012
LOL i wasted 9 years here. Sadly, I only realized that when I actually gained some common sense in high school, which I should have already developed at STS, but did not. I honestly did not learn much. All they made us do were EXIT GOALS (Copying a piece of paper from top to bottom multiple times; sometimes alternating colors when writing each letter of a word). Exit goals were a waste of time and I couldn't study or do any of my homework because the teachers kept giving those useless things out to us because we were "talking in class". Knee bends (bending knees, going up and down multiple times) were another thing they made us do which I thought was child abuse. Honestly, don't waste your money here. Worse school ever.

St. Theresa School 3

Posted May 10, 2011
I graduated from STS 22 years ago. The institution has instilled in me moral compassion and discipline that I still practice to this day. My academics on the other hand began its decent due to a 5th grade teacher that I hope is no longer an instructor anywhere on this planet. I've smashed a lot of cans during recess and copied the Book of Proverbs a millions times after-school, but it never got my grades up. I also was not invited to the 8th grade picnic due to my poor grades. I have no ill will towards the school, 99% of the faculty or my fellow classmates during my time at STS. A few years later after STS, I decided to straighten up. I am currently employed in the IT sector with a well paying salary that affords me to own a $70,000 car that I drive past STS on a daily basis. From what I've read from the previous posts, I hope that the school does not change its name to Damien. I attended SLS after STS. Go Beavers and Go Saints!

Posted March 15, 2011
I am a student here at Saint Theresa Catholic School. I am a seventh grader. Right now our school is in need for help. Our current priest wants to change our school into Damien Elementry School. Most of the student, teachers, staff, alumni, and parents are very against this decision. We feel that the school should be kept the same because of all the work that was put in to make it what it is today.

Posted March 15, 2011
I am a 7th grade student at Saint Theresa Catholic School. Our priest wants to change our school into Damien Elementary School. But our school has made such a name for itself, and for it to not be called Saint Theresa anymore is horrible. Our school is one of the best schools. I have been at this school for 8 years (kindergarten through seventh) and next year I will be graduating. I have learned so much throughout the years. Saint Theresa is one of the best schools on the island, our education is much more better and advanced than Damien. Saint Theresa will always be Saint Theresa Catholic School. Students, teachers, staff, alumni, and parents are all concerned about it and don't want this to happen. Our current principle is not returning next year. He has done so much for our school. He help us grow as a community. Together as a family in Christ. Our school has been here for 80 years. And it will stand for 100's and 100's of more. We as a school are going to stand together if this does happen. We are not sure if we will change this school into Damien, but our current principle will not return next year. And he means a lot to us. Saint Theresa Beavers!

Posted March 15, 2011
Right now, there is a problem going on in our school. I personally don't like it. I don't like the idea of the merging between Damien Memorial School and Saint Theresa Catholic School. having this problem happen right now makes me mad and sad at the moment. Because knowing that our school may merge, Saint Theresa School will no longer be the same.

Posted January 15, 2011
I will never forget this school. I was a student here from K-8 and it was the best 9 years of my life. The academics here are exceptional. With the help of my teachers and administration, I graduated at the top of my class and was able to go to an exceptional high school. It gave me the foundation for my religious education and instilled the morals that I live by now and for the rest of my life. For the parents and students that "bashed" this school, you must not have anything to do, honestly. It is a parent's job to be their child's first teacher and to inspire them to do better; not just the teacher. If you send your child to a private school and EXPECT the sole educator to be the teacher, you are WRONGLY MISTAKEN. My parents went after me for my work and grades because they believed in me just as Saint Theresa School faculty and staff.

St. Theresa School