Posted September 02, 2015
As a school alumnus, I'm glad I went to St. Theresa School! The foundation of my Catholic values and my personal beliefs was built with the education and support I received from the school. When I was a student, the faculty and staff was amazing. I understand the school has gone through major ups and downs, but I believe with Sr. John back in actions that the school is on track to succeed! The memories and friends you make here will last a lifetime. The education, values, and faith you gain from your experience here will stay with you always. This school has always felt like home, and I believe it's because of the continuous encouragement, opportunities, and security the students receive. I have always been proud of coming from St. Theresa. I had the time of my life here and the education I received from the amazing teachers has helped me prepare for high school. All Hail St. Theresa!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 02, 2015
As an alumnus, I felt prepared for high school. If it wasn't for the faith foundation built by the school's religion curriculum, I wouldn't have felt confident to grow in my faith even more.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 02, 2015
This school makes sure the students feel self-confident, safe, and successful. The education and values you receive here will help them strive in life and also provide them with life-long memories and friends.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 02, 2015
It is so good that St. Theresa students don't bully each other. The older grades help with the younger grades. I see the 7th and 8th grade students walk hand in hand with preschoolers and kindergarteners going to Mass services and other school wide events.

Posted September 02, 2015
St. Theresa School is a great Catholic school for K-8. Affordable Tuition and convenient location

Posted September 02, 2015
It is with great honor that I am able to share my gratitude for Saint Theresa School and their staff. I've had the privilege of attending STS from kindergarten continuing my education for 9 years there and graduating from the 8th grade 15 years ago. A lot has changed over the years and I truly believe it's been and continues to be for the better. My family has and always will be indebted to Saint Theresa School. Both my younger sister and I attended STS from kindergarten through the eighth grade and now as a mother of three I couldn't be more happy that my two eldest children now attend Saint Thersa School. It's obvious to see how much the faculty and staff care about the students and their families. It's crazy being on the other end now watching my children grow up and be educated by many of my former teachers and some even classmates that have gone on to become actual staff of this amazing school. The principal now, Sister John Joseph, was the principal back when attended Saint Theresa which amazes me. She cares so much about this school she's dedicated almost her entire life to it. She along with a few other teachers have made Saint Theresa School their home and the students their family, what more could you ask for in a school. The classes have downsized which to me is a good thing. The student teacher ratio is better and the relationships are stronger. My oldest daughter is now in the 6th grade. Every morning she is excited to wake up and get to school. As a parent I couldn't be prouder. She is active in all sports and she get good grades and I have Saint Theresa to thank for that. As for my son, he recently joined the STS Ohana as a new preschool student. It's only been 3 weeks into school and I can already see the difference the school has made on him. Everyday he is singing new songs he has learned and just so eager to share with me how his day has been. You should see the sparkle in his eyes when he speaks about his new school. I could go on and on about everything that makes me continue to be apart of the Saint Theresa Ohana. That being said I hope that what I have shared with you can give you a glimpse of just how special this school is and how throughout the years even as times change and technology evolves, this school still strives to give our children, the future of tomorrow, the best education possible with the best religious values.

Posted September 02, 2015
Sister John is back and the school is headed in such a positive direction. Mrs. Gora is one of the most hard-working and caring individuals I have ever met. Teachers/administration seem so much happier and that translates to a much better learning environment for all. The school offers so much for such an affordable tuition and there are many extracurricular opportunities as well, such as sports, a math club, gardening, choir, theater, hula, and so forth. My child loves it at St. Theresa School. Yes, there have been so many changes over the past years, but we can only learn from our past history and aim to improve, which is what I think is the case here.

Posted September 01, 2015
We are pretty new to St. Theresa School as we just enrolled our youngest one. Although ee are new, we heard or we knew STS very well as a good school having a very good reputation coming from friends and relatives who became alumnus. Its so sad to read most of the bad reviews STS is getting from people who became part of this wonderful school, who helped them a lot, in a lot of ways, to mention one very is the affordable tuition. All I read is just about themselves getting angry or disappointed for being left out on a special occasion, teacher not at par with other school and other stuff. I need to ask them, what did you do to your school who gave you and brought you to where are you now? They have the most affordable tuition on any Private Catholic school around Honolulu, where you cant be on a private school of your choosing because of high tuition fee, STS is the only option left. Being that, STS still boast a very modern equipments for teaching. I am not just writing this just to help STS, I am writing this review because I feel that I have to and I know the staff are all hardworking and dedicated. Some would talk about this schools aggressive fundraising, I say "So WHAT" to that! They need help and they are asking, whats wrong with that? This private schools thrive on donations and rely heavily in enrolees to keep up. If they have a lot, I do t think they would still ask for help. Public schools have the luxury of government funds using mine and other parents of STS students taxes, and none of that go to STS. So, we are vrry glad that STS accepted us to be a part of them and I will support this school 100% in any way, shape or form. PROUD TO BE A THERESEAN! PROUD TO BE AT HOME WITH THE BEAVERS!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 01, 2015
This depends on the grade levels; she started with 15-20 minutes from K-1, 20-40 for2nd, 3rd and now 4th grade..

St. Theresa School 4

Posted September 01, 2015
My child has been attending this school for 4 years now and I'm happy with St. Theresa's quality of education. The tuition is reasonable compared to other private schools and I know the school administration does their best to stretch my dollar to its limit.

712 North School Street, Honolulu, HI  96817