Honolulu, HI
After care: No

Posted August 18, 2012
Actually, this year, 2012, Damien went coed! As a female student in high school, I love this school so much. Teachers are wonderful and always willing to help, classes are good sizes, and most of the students I am surrounded with daily are kind and mature! Love this school!

Posted January 27, 2010
My son has been at this school since 7th grade and he is a freshman as of this review.. EXCELLENT school.. all the teachers are very educated and excellent in teaching skills, the school has also recently improved their computer and science classrooms (with all updated state of the art equipment) as well as new renovations to the gym..

Posted September 17, 2009
This school is a great environment for young men to be able to focus on their studies. The middle school principal, Mr Tomita is very visible in school functions and is very approachable. My oldest son has been to four different schools and this is his fifth and we are quite satisfied with what he had achieved. They have allowed him to grow and tries to challenge him in areas that he has excelled. He was able to take algebra as a 7th grader and is now taking geometry as an 8th grader. We are very pleased with this school and will be sending our other son as well.

Posted May 08, 2009
Attending Damien Memorial School was a decidedly positive academic, spiritual, and social experience. The four years I spent at Damien allowed me to pursue my interests, maximize my potential, and forge lasting bonds of friendship with my classmates. I learned innumerable important lessons from the faculty of Damien, which I continue to apply to both my academic and personal lives. In addition to offering an excellent speech and debate program, an award-winning newspaper, and continually improving athletic teams, Damien is, in my opinion, the best environment for a boy to become a man. The diverse student body, committed teachers such as Mr. Higa, and strong Catholic atmosphere all combine to provide a unique synergy of camaraderie and learning. Regardless of what adversity or challenge I may face in my future, I will always remember my high school years at Damien Memorial School as an important formative influence and unequivocally beneficial experience

Posted May 09, 2008
My son just completed the 7th grade at Damien Memorial Middle School. We are very happy with his progress in school. When we decided to send him to Damien he was not too happy about it. He adjusted really well to the school and he is looking forward to the new school year in August.

Posted March 26, 2006
i'm a student, who is part of the new Damien Middle school. I transfered out of Wahiawa Middle school. Wahiawa middle, was a horrible school, with bad surroundings, horrible admin, and it was also full of uncontrolable classes (classes were usually sized at 25 kids+). At Damien Memorial, I have already seen many differences. We recieve hands on learning because of the small class sizes, and Mr. Tomita the middle school principal is also very positive. The teachers are also able to control the classes much better.

Damien Memorial School 4

Posted July 14, 2004

Damien Memorial School
1401 Houghtailing Street, Honolulu, HI  96817
Last modified Damien Memorial School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Damien Memorial School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top