PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted January 29, 2012
I want to move to Hawaii for only 3 years while I study for my BBA. My daughter will be in middle school. The thought never crossed my mind about racism because she is blond/blue, until I read the threads about Moanau(sp?) which is supposed to be the best school. Now I am worried and maybe thinking of not moving there now. I saw the demographics and there is only one caucasian. I want to pretend that this does not matter but does it? The locals don't seem to admit there is a problem but quite a few comments are out there. I think I would love it though.

Posted April 23, 2011
Our daughter who is now a middle schooler in the public school system attended HMS as a preschooler and thrived! It truly prepared her for whatever lay ahead in either the public or private school setting. The course offerings are excellent producing well rounded students. While attending public school during the school yr. we enrolled our daughter in the summer program @ HMS because of their wonderful varied classes. We truly believe that HMS has the BEST preschool and an elementary/middle school up to par w/ private schools that are much larger and w/ higher tuition fees!

Posted January 15, 2008
I love this school! Very warm safe environment.I know all the teachers know and truly care for all the students and their education. Lots of great extra curricular activities.

Posted November 08, 2004
Excellent school, great staff and a true caring and loving environment. Staff and teachers know the names of most students and every teacher clearly shows that students are important. This place is one of quality education, excellent facilities, great location for parents and a place where kids are safe, well-cared for.

Hongwanji Mission School
1728 Pali Hwy, Honolulu, HI  96813
Last modified Hongwanji Mission School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8