Posted October 21, 2014
La Pietra has been a positive experience for our daughter. The small class size along with attentive teachers has really improved her out look on her education. She is more empowered to try different clubs and activities in an all girl setting, and feels more confident not only in school but life in general. She loves La Pietra and would not want to go anywhere else.

Posted October 18, 2014
When my daughter attended this "school", and it was nothing but a negative experience for the both of us. My daughter was severely bullied by a classmate, while the dean sat there and pampered the bully. She had anxiety and the dean would get mad at her for coming into her office, while trying to get help. The head of the school would not listen to the either of us, and she would often get angry my daughter for having panic attacks which she cannot control very well. My daughter would beg me to let her switch to a new school, so we made a smart choice by leaving in the middle of the school year to go to a nearby public school, and she could not be happier. Ever since she left, she felt more challenged in school, made friends, and no longer comes home crying. We are satisfied with the public school she attends. This school is a joke and a waste of my time and money. I would NOT recommend this school to anybody.

Posted October 14, 2014
We have been impressed with what La Pietra has to offer girls in their middle school program. Even before enrolling, prospective students have the opportunity to visit for a half-day, school-in-session visit. This gives students a chance to experience a typical day at La Pietra, make some new friends, visit a variety of classes, and meet some teachers and administrators. Because La Pietra's student to teacher ratio is so low (10:1), girls new to middle school do not "fall through the cracks" academically or socially. They are supported by a loving and caring group of teachers who are truly committed to all-girls education and helping each student find their voice and provide them with the tools to success. The school is located on an extremely beautiful campus near Diamond Head and it is a great place for young women to learn and grow during this important time in their development. La Pietra offers financial aid to families which makes it more accessible than some schools due to the tuition expense. We highly recommend La Pietra for families looking for a great middle or high school for their daughters.

Posted September 29, 2014
I went here in eighth grade thinking it was going to be my chance to thrive. Nope. There are so many girls who came from families of high income, aren't very smart, very spoiled, rude, passive-aggressive, hypocritical, are slackers, and yet they are very aggressive and will hate and bribe any teacher who doesn't give them an A in the course. I wasn't one of those girls- I came from a family of average income, I got really good grades, and I would never blame the teacher if I didn't do well on an assignment. Everyday I would get bullied from school and the dean would never listen to my mom or me. One time I told a teacher and the girls did get in trouble, then they started picking a fight with me and saying things like "How dare you tell on us, we didn't do anything to you!" I would beg my mom day after day to be absent from school, and then the girls would ridicule me because I was absent. It came to a point where I couldn't take it anymore and I begged my mom to never take me to the school campus ever again, and I started completing all the work at home. I did really well with no bratty girls involved, and this school year I started doing Mizzou K12 and I couldn't be happier.
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 14, 2014
these reviews sound like something the La Pietra staff wrote. I spent 6-7th grade here. I had a choice between LP, and Iolani. After visiting the school, it seemed so warm and welcoming. so i chose LP. Yes, LP over IOLANI. Seems pretty stupid, right? The DAY I walked onto campus, i was bullied. Of course, theres bullying in every school. But usually, someone does something about it. Apparently, this school has "no problems" with bullying and students should know better, according to the dean, and no one did anything about it. Well, i guess they're not paying attention at ALL because there was bullying going on all the time. I attended public school for 8th grade, because my mom didn't like me coming home crying everyday. Public school was ok,less traumatizing than la pietra, but public school work was more challenging for me than la pietra. i've had my about 10 of my moms friends ask me if their daughters should attend La Pietra, and i said NO to every single one of them.They have lost about 20 kids (almost $300,000 in tuition) who WERE once interested in La Pietra, until I told them the truth. To sum it up, this school is perfect for kids who want to be bullied/become bullies.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 22, 2014
This school is excellent. I highly recommend it. The teacher go above and beyond. The students become well spoken, confident leaders. They have a strong peer leadership program that creates a family feel. Each girl receives the tools she needs to succeed. Math classes are small, like 10 girls to 1 teacher, the individual attention makes a huge difference.

Posted June 22, 2014
horrible school. they take $17,000 from our tuition. what do they do with the money? I don't know, definitely not on our education though. plus, they try and force EVERYONE to donate money. What? What kind of a horrible school forces parents to donate? What do they even need the money for? Theres less than 300 kids, they take $17,000 from us, we buy our own textbooks and uniforms + makes tries to make everyone pay an extra $100 for donations. why do they need that much money? If it's a big school with lots of students i understand but la pietra? are they using our money for themselves? if you're considering your child to go to this school, try going to a public school instead: same quality education for free, plus better lunches, and less drama.
5 people found this helpful

Posted June 14, 2014
I went to this school from 6-7th grade, and I had the worst time in my entire life. The upper class were rude and thought they were better than everybody else (especially seniors). This school will give you a detention for everything, unless you are smart or rich. I have gotten a detention for being in the bathroom for more than 3 minuets when i had horrible cramps, and another for leaving a textbook in my locker which was strange since class didn't even start and I still had time to grab my textbook. Overall, this school was the worst school I've ever been to (and I've been to a total of 8 schools in Hawai'i and California, public, and private,) La Pietra claims that it is too small to have cliques or any drama, but this school was the worst. I am now a Junior, and to this day i still regret attending this school and wish I have gone to a different school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 16, 2014
Our daughter will soon graduate from La Pietra. Every year has been excellent and worth every penny. La Pietra is a wholesome, supportive learning environment that is attentive to what each girl needs individually to be successful. Our daughter was able to participate in music, theatre, art, public speaking and several sports. La Pietra doesn't limit students to 1 or 2 areas, like other private schools. The teachers and administration are truely exceptional. If you want your daughter to be a well spoken, confident leader, with a healthy self-esteem who is prepared to excel at top university's, we highly recommend La Pietra!

Posted September 10, 2011
La Pietra is an amazing school. My high school daughter thrives there -- academically and socially. It is a safe and beautiful campus, academically challenging, and fosters girls' creative and artistic side as well. If you want your girl to turn into a well-rounded, vibrant and smart young woman, then definitely check this school out. My daughter wants to get there early and stay late...all this from a teenager!

La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls
2933 Poni Moi Road, Honolulu, HI  96815
Last modified La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top