Honolulu, HI

La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls 1

Posted April 06, 2015
Honestly, sending my daughter here was one of the worst mistakes I've ever made in my life. She was severely bullied, and the dean didn't seem the least bit concerned, nor did she do anything to stop the bullying. It turns out that the dean doesn't have any experience in counseling, she was originally an art teacher and somehow moved her way up to being a dean. The tuition of this school is extremely expensive, and needless to say I've been much more impressed with the academics of a public school. I really don't understand why the tuition is so much, nor do I know what I am actually paying for. Please, save your money and don't make the same mistake I did.

Posted March 26, 2015
My daughter has attended La Pietra for grades 8-12. It has been an excellent experience for all of us. She has a wonderful sense of who she is and excellent self esteem. Thus academics are outstanding and she has made many close friendships. I highly recommend La Pietra.

Posted March 11, 2015
After looking at, and being accepted to multiple schools, our daughter and ourselves (parents) all agreed that La Pietra was the fit for her. We as parents were not really interested in an "all girls" education because of the experiences we had with our older daughter's experiences at another school. But after visiting La Pietra's open houses multiple times, we all agreed to apply. This choice has brought us only great results. Upon entering the 6th grade, our daughter miraculously had no problems with doing her homework assignments and loved to be in school. Ever since starting La Pietra, we as parents have only needed to show her support for her efforts, but never having to prod and push her to complete her responsibilities as a student, nor perform to her best ability. It has, and still is a great ride for her, and we as parents are looking forward to see what more this La Pietra education can provide her. I suggest you visit an Open House and see for yourself.

Posted February 20, 2015
Our daughter attended LP from 6th to 12th grade. We looked at 3 private schools; LP was not our 1st choice. We enrolled her into LP after the first 2 schools fell through. Our daughter came from a good public school; unfortunately, it did not prepare her for the rigors of private school teaching and learning. We almost pulled her out after 6th grade since she was not showing any interest. But her 2 teachers convinced us to keep her in; they said it would take some time before our daughter and many others like her would adapt to the LP curriculum, become responsible and grasp the importance of school work. We are thankful we listened. Our girl blossomed from a restless student to a mature and confident woman. Not only did she excel in high school, she played sports for 7 years, became a peer leader, school delegate, NHS candidate; participated in student government, sang in the select choir. Yes, we hear about drama and bullying; but that happens at all schools. My daughter confronted the negativity and turned it into a positive. LP allowed her to develop her skills and hidden talents; in her senior year, she was accepted into 12 colleges. Give LP a try.

Posted January 09, 2015
I couldn t help but notice several posts here repeatedly bullying La Pietra School, therefore I have decided to add my comments. As a proud dad of a La Pietra girl; and no, this is not a robo-writer, I can only attest to how my daughter is learning to be an independent woman who will be strong but kind, resourceful and empathetic. The academic curriculum has a lot of variety and is oriented towards college education and the teachers are dedicated and passionate about what they teach. And once in a while, when she has a bad day at school (yes, she has those, although less frequently than a bad hair day ), I commend her for waking up the next day and being positive again. That picture-perfect school on the slopes of Diamond Head makes sure that my girl is in a safe surrounding, can express who she is and learns for life! I m a believer!

Posted January 08, 2015
My daughter is in middle school at La Pietra. (FYI: She scored in over 90 percentile on the SSAT and is an athlete). She got in all the schools she applied, but she chose La Pietra because she liked the day she visited. She didn't feel welcome at the larger schools. We let her choose. I'm so glad she picked LP- and so is she! She has been there 1.5 years. She feels part of a family there. Her teachers all know her, challenge her, and they care. The classes are small and personal. Her homework is balanced with her after school sports. She traveled for a competition last year and wasn't punished for missing some days. She was supported so she could be her best. She had to write an in depth report on her destination before she traveled, and got more out of the trip from that insightful assignment than any of her teammates. She likes school. She has many nice friends. Even though she is shy, she feels included, and I see her breaking out of her shell. I know the strong college prep program will lead her to whatever university she chooses. She won't be limited by her education. If you send your daughter for a visit, then she can choose for herself.

Posted January 06, 2015
This school has been a godsend. After six years of mediocre results at my daughter's elementary school, she entered La Pietra School in the 6th grade and has blossomed into a different person. Her grades have improved dramatically, she has thrived in extracurricular activities and she has a broad circle of close friends that she never enjoyed in her previous school. Even though she's a few years' away, she is already nagging me to start visiting colleges and take SAT prep classes. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the positive affect this school has had on my daughter's life. I would not consider having her at any other school.

Posted November 17, 2014
Our daughter chose La Pietra and stayed there for all 7 years. She truly thrived at this school and looked forward to going there each day. Some of our favorite things about La Pietra: the uniquely beautiful and peaceful school environment, the all girls education and "vibe," the block schedule, the small school and very small classes, and especially the wonderfully engaging teachers. Thanks to the small class size and block schedule (only 4 classes per quarter) the girls get individual attention, have lively classroom discussions and pursue in-depth projects. Like any small school, La Pietra does not have the variety of classes/facilities that you may find in a bigger school, but we found that to be more than off-set by the personal experience offered, and the opportunity for girls to shine in their chosen areas - be it academics, sports, arts, etc. And for a small school, La Pietra does have a remarkable spectrum of courses, with a strong emphasis on college prep and college counseling. La Pietra girls are also very involved in school activities outside the classroom - including sports, student government, leadership, clubs and the school play.

La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls 1

Posted November 02, 2014
If I could give this review zero stars, I would. It is amazing how similar the five-star reviews are to the La Pietra advertisements; no doubt the staff is writing these reviews. This school has a SERIOUS bullying problem, but instead of addressing it, the administration unnecessarily enforces stricter rules for the school dress code. It angers me that despite me sacrificing everything, they wouldn't listen to me and my daughter continued to be bullied relentlessly. As the school year passed, I became more and more unimpressed with the academics and administration; send your daughter to a public school for a much better education.

Posted October 21, 2014
La Pietra has been a positive experience for our daughter. The small class size along with attentive teachers has really improved her out look on her education. She is more empowered to try different clubs and activities in an all girl setting, and feels more confident not only in school but life in general. She loves La Pietra and would not want to go anywhere else.

La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls
2933 Poni Moi Road, Honolulu, HI  96815
Last modified La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top