6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted September 25, 2015
If I could describe this school in one word, it would be scam. Let's figure this out; this school has 192 students paying a tuition of $18,900, meaning that the school receives at LEAST $3,628,800 annually. If that isn't enough, the school uses the sob story to coax parents into "donating" even MORE money. Ok seriously, where does this money go? Does it actually go to as promised, or is the principal using it to renovate her own house? My daughter was not in ANY way challenged academically by this school, and the clubs the school offered only met once a month for twenty minutes. The sports are ok, it's too bad the jumping platforms for the swimming pool are placed on the wrong side, an architectural error that's NEVER been fixed. While an all-girls school with only 192 students may APPEAR to be drama-free, this school is anything but. This school is lacking in a counselor, so nothing is ever done about the drama. The bullying is the absolute worst here, so think twice before sending your daughter here.

Posted September 10, 2015
My daughter continues to attend La Pietra and is now in 9th grade. From all she tells me and that I can see, she absolutely adores going to school here and has rich friendships with many of her classmates. I have watched her social skills blossom and expect that she is making friends she will keep for life. There are so many things I like about La Pietra. The low student/teacher ratio is amazingly powerful. Each teacher I speak with knows my daughter well. They can speak with me not only about her academic standing but how she gets along in class and what they like about her as an individual..not just as a student. You know you're in a good school when you ask "Who's your favorite Teacher this year and why?" and are still talking about it an hour later! La Pietra offers a rich variety of courses and is so prepared to encourage students to excel rather than to fall into the "one size fits all" mold that I have experienced in public schools. AP courses allow the students to rise to their individual level of excellence. One of my favorite aspects of la Pietra is the way they run courses thru the year. Instead of the same 7 or 8 40-minute classes a day for the year, La Pietra splits their coursework into quarters. In each quarter my daughter concentrates on 4 classes in a day and is in those classes for an extended period of time. In my opinion, this allows the teacher to build a learning environment that is much more effective. I have watched my daughter blossom into a young woman in her time at La Pietra. I have no doubt that she would be much different if she were at any other school. Highly recommended!

La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 10, 2015
We Love You, Ms. Ingram! Your encouragement to Ari in her writing and the rich way in which you make Literature come alive have inspired my daughter! Thank you!!

Posted September 09, 2015
I don't usually write on these sites but I felt that I really wanted to take a moment to share our family's perspective. La PIetra has been a welcoming and supportive environment socially and academically for my middle school age daughter. She is learning to try new things (going out for a team sport for the first time), making many new friends (just went on the overnight middle school camp at Camp Mokuleia where she became friends with girls not only in middle school but also some peer leaders in high school), building academic confidence in a challenging college preparatory curriculum (she loves her English, science, and music classes), and taking on new leadership roles (she helped to launch a new club this year with other students and had to get up in front of the entire school to promote the club to encourage others to sign up). We feel very lucky to have discovered this beautiful all-girls school that is helping students to build confidence and blossom. All this on a breathtakingly beautiful campus next to Diamond Head looking out at scenic views of Waikiki. While not every school is the perfect fit for every student, La Pietra is a wonderful fit for our family and daughter. Go take a tour and check it out for yourself! We think you will like it as much as we do.

Posted July 21, 2015
I am a former La Pietra student, and I am very ashamed of it. I switched schools after one year, because I hated it so much. At first it seemed like a picture-perfect school, and my mom was willing to sacrifice whatever it took because she was convinced it would work out for me. Shortly into the school year, the few friends I had made had given me the cold shoulder after being manipulated by several girls who hated me. As a result, my confidence was lowered significantly, I became very depressed, and my grades dropped. I tried talking to the dean about my bullying problem, but little was done, and there was literally nothing I could do to stop it and I had considered suicide. The staff didn't listen to any of my or my mother's concerns, and they became angry with us at the beginning of the year when they found out we desperately needed financial aid. I felt ostracized by the staff and the rest of the girls, because of my low family income and my dad's reliance on welfare. Girls can be so cruel, especially when no boys are present.

Posted July 07, 2015
We have been impressed with what La Pietra has to offer girls in their middle school program. Even before enrolling, prospective students have the opportunity to visit for a half-day, school-in-session visit. This gives students a chance to experience a typical day at La Pietra, make some new friends, visit a variety of classes, and meet some teachers and administrators. Because La Pietra's student to teacher ratio is so low (10:1), girls new to middle school do not "fall through the cracks" academically or socially. They are supported by a loving and caring group of teachers who are truly committed to all-girls education and helping each student find their voice and provide them with the tools to success. The school is located on an extremely beautiful campus near Diamond Head and it is a great place for young women to learn and grow during this important time in their development. La Pietra offers financial aid to families which makes it more accessible than some schools due to the tuition expense. We highly recommend La Pietra for families looking for a great middle or high school for their daughters.

Posted April 06, 2015
Honestly, sending my daughter here was one of the worst mistakes I've ever made in my life. She was severely bullied, and the dean didn't seem the least bit concerned, nor did she do anything to stop the bullying. It turns out that the dean doesn't have any experience in counseling, she was originally an art teacher and somehow moved her way up to being a dean. The tuition of this school is extremely expensive, and needless to say I've been much more impressed with the academics of a public school. I really don't understand why the tuition is so much, nor do I know what I am actually paying for. Please, save your money and don't make the same mistake I did.

Posted March 26, 2015
My daughter has attended La Pietra for grades 8-12. It has been an excellent experience for all of us. She has a wonderful sense of who she is and excellent self esteem. Thus academics are outstanding and she has made many close friendships. I highly recommend La Pietra.

Posted March 11, 2015
After looking at, and being accepted to multiple schools, our daughter and ourselves (parents) all agreed that La Pietra was the fit for her. We as parents were not really interested in an "all girls" education because of the experiences we had with our older daughter's experiences at another school. But after visiting La Pietra's open houses multiple times, we all agreed to apply. This choice has brought us only great results. Upon entering the 6th grade, our daughter miraculously had no problems with doing her homework assignments and loved to be in school. Ever since starting La Pietra, we as parents have only needed to show her support for her efforts, but never having to prod and push her to complete her responsibilities as a student, nor perform to her best ability. It has, and still is a great ride for her, and we as parents are looking forward to see what more this La Pietra education can provide her. I suggest you visit an Open House and see for yourself.

Posted February 20, 2015
Our daughter attended LP from 6th to 12th grade. We looked at 3 private schools; LP was not our 1st choice. We enrolled her into LP after the first 2 schools fell through. Our daughter came from a good public school; unfortunately, it did not prepare her for the rigors of private school teaching and learning. We almost pulled her out after 6th grade since she was not showing any interest. But her 2 teachers convinced us to keep her in; they said it would take some time before our daughter and many others like her would adapt to the LP curriculum, become responsible and grasp the importance of school work. We are thankful we listened. Our girl blossomed from a restless student to a mature and confident woman. Not only did she excel in high school, she played sports for 7 years, became a peer leader, school delegate, NHS candidate; participated in student government, sang in the select choir. Yes, we hear about drama and bullying; but that happens at all schools. My daughter confronted the negativity and turned it into a positive. LP allowed her to develop her skills and hidden talents; in her senior year, she was accepted into 12 colleges. Give LP a try.

La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls
2933 Poni Moi Road, Honolulu, HI  96815
Last modified La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
La Pietra Hawaii School For Girls Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top