Posted August 15, 2012
Teacher's treat my daughter like a family. i'm very happy to be she is in this school

Posted June 04, 2012
Playmate Kindegarten and Day Care is a very nurturing environment for children. My daughter felt part of a family of caring teachers and peers. The teacher-student ratio is wonderful and the teachers are readily accessible for helpful discussions about your child. This allowed the teachers to tailor a rich learning experience for my daughter. After visiting a number of schools in the Makiki area, I chose Playmate for Pre-K because I thought it would best support my daughter's development, and my daughter and I were very happy with the school. I strongly recommend this school to other parents.

Posted June 02, 2012
If superficial appearances are all that matter to you, don't bother with this aging, messy school. But if, like us (university academics), you actually value your child's education, I think you can do no better than Playmate Pre-School. We chose this school for our daughter's Pre-K experience because of the focus on academics (not just play), the teacher's openness to work with us (which we didn't find anywhere else), and - perhaps most importantly - the amazing teacher-child ratio. There are about 10 toddlers in a separate classroom (who appear to be having a fun, caring, educational experience), but our 4-year-old had only 3 classmates! So much one-on-one time with the teacher meant that her learning progressed at a mind-boggling pace. She also had free play time with her peers, and a chance to help with the younger kids, building confidence. Next year, she'll start Kindergarten at Punahou, but it was with much regret that she said goodbye to her teacher, Ms. Maureen, to whom she had become very attached.

Posted October 25, 2011
Playmate Kindergarten, Day Care Center and Grade School has been around since 1948. It is a small, private school in Makiki which has given a solid academic foundation and a caring, loving environment to my four children who attended her in the mid 70's to the 90's. The teachers were/are well qualified, attentive, loving ,compassionate, and nuturing, They work hard with the students regardless of scholastic abilities. All of my children were accepted into the best private schools after Playmate .I would highly recommend this quaint, little school to anyone.

Posted September 15, 2011
Who/what we are growing up is a direct reflection of how we were brought up and trained. I have been familiar with Playmate School for many years and have seen the outstanding products of their educational programs. Without doubt, this is one of the very best "old time" schools in Hawaii dating back to 1950. Friendly, homey, and compassionate the teachers are well trained, certified and qualified. Stronly recommend if you care about laying a solid educational foundation for your child.

Playmate Kindergarten, Day Care 0

Posted August 23, 2009
I love this school. Wish we brought our older child there when she was young. The school has a great 'homey' environment for giving young children a good foundation and head start in the early years!

Playmate Kindergarten, Day Care
1704 Keeaumoku Street, Honolulu, HI  96822
Last modified Playmate Kindergarten, Day Care is a Private school that serves grades PK-3
Playmate Kindergarten, Day Care Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top