Posted June 19, 2014
This school is amazing!!!! My child has been at the Honolulu Waldorf school for 11 years. She is thriving acedemicly and socially. This school has no bullying. The teachers love the children and treat them as their own. The curriculum is challenging. I love this school and the community that comes with it. This school has been one of the best decisions I have made in my child's life. The friendship with her peers and teachers are one she will treasure for her life time. It is because of this school that my child has an incredible love for learning and a curiosity for knowledge. Thank you Honolulu Waldorf. I am a fan for life.

Honolulu Waldorf School 1

Posted June 19, 2014
Would not recomend this school. Elementary teachers are not properly trained to handle communication with parents. School lacks in organization, have problems with bullying and it seem to have a lot of gossip. Unless you are willing to follow all their rules, which seems to be getting made up as they go alone, - perhaps you are better off with any other school on the island.

Honolulu Waldorf School 1

Posted June 18, 2014
f you think this Waldorf School is like other successful Waldorf Schools, PLEASE THINK AGAIN. The grades are a GAMBLE depending on the TEACHER your child will have for 8 YEARS. There is little to no accountability for poor quality and inconsistent standards of education and behavior. The admin and faculty dogma is closely held in secrecy which is part and parcel to the Rudolph Steiner s teachings and if questioned you will receive patent answers with little thought to your child s specific needs. If you find a faculty member that is willing to listen without prejudice to your concerns, good luck. Even the faculty who are known amongst their colleagues for poor performance have job safety. Many families have left this school after investing many years in it because their concerns have been systematically swept under the rug. Mum's the word here. I for one fell under the spell of this school. I found that my child and the majority of classmates that stayed were left with such deficits in academics that intense interventions were needed for most. Our class started with 14 or more and ended with 4. Be aware of retention rates at this school. They differ among the faculty greatly.

Posted May 01, 2014
I think this School is very special. Teachers care about each student and they watch over them very closely. My son has been in this school since first grade and he is now Freshman at High School. He has become well rounded teen ager and I can proudly say same about all his class mates. You do not have to worry about bullies in this school, because they are taught to be true to yourself and to think outside of the box. That is why each students can accept different type of personalities and be able to enjoy one another as a group. I also love the fact the Waldorf School teaches importance of sustainability. I truly believe Waldorf education is the education for the future.

Posted April 30, 2014
This school has created the environment for my daughter to flourish in several aspects of her life. She has become very confident, secure and has opened to become a quite sociable being. Over the four years she has being there, she has developed her artistic skills highly. She is very comfortable with japanese, Spanish and Hawaiian languages. She's fascinated with math, which in most cases and schools, is the least favourite subject. I'm grateful to be able to give my daughter a waldorf education.

Posted April 29, 2014
My three children attended Honolulu Waldorf and my grandchildren now do. The teachers are incredibly dedicated to their students, the curriculum is richly varied, broad and deep with the approach varying with the age and individual learning style. Children learn respect and responsibility, and care deeply for each other and the natural world. A visitor hears music, laughter, foreign languages, and poetry every day and sees happy, healthy children learning lifelong skills and finding their own paths for the future. It is truly a healing education for our difficult times.

Posted April 29, 2014
The school is small, so all the teachers know all the students by name. Most all the kids know each other too. My child says his school "is the BEST SCHOOL EVER", and he wants to go there every day. I love that my child is in a safe, loving, nurturing school. I love the philosophy of Waldorf and the caring community. Maybe the school could improve some of the buildings, which I think is already being talked about & is in the future plans.

Posted April 29, 2014
The Honolulu Waldorf Early (elementary+middle) School takes a holistic approach to education, addressing the childrens' physical, emotional, spiritual, social, as well as intellectual development, all consistent with the latest research on childhood education. The teachers are fabulous: they are highly qualified professionals who are dedicated to their work and the kids. The environment fosters education at the child's pace in a peaceful and stimulating venue.

Honolulu Waldorf School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Our school campuses are safe nurturing environments for toddlers to middle schoolers, and for high schoolers. Both campuses are peaceful locations staffed with caring and committed staff. Under the new leadership of an administrator who is passionate about both the Waldorf philosophy and the growth of this recently struggling school community. Our administrator is focused and actively building a successful environment for staff & students. She also maintains an open door policy for the parent body, which I have personally utilized. Aloha & Mahalo for allowing me to rate our school.

Posted April 28, 2014
Two of my children are visiting the Honolulu Waldorf School. My son Graduated in 2011, my daughter is 8th Grade. they always loved their school, I never had to push them to do their homework, etc. they are happy kids who manage their lives pretty well.

Honolulu Waldorf School
350 Ulua Street, Honolulu, HI  96821
Last modified Honolulu Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Honolulu Waldorf School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top