Posted August 14, 2013
This school was such a great choice for our children. There is so much love at this school. Our kids really blossomed and thier self-esteem grew so much. We were impressed with the academics but were also impressed at how our kids turned out. Compared to their cousins, they don't swear and seem to remember all of the good things the school teaches them about respect for others. We are not religious people but we like having the values taught to our kids. I know my kids are better people academically, emotionally and spiritually because of Kaimuki Christian School.

Posted August 07, 2013
Having my son attend this school was one of the best decisions I ever made. I defiantly attribute his positive attitude and behavior to the environment he is being brought up in. He is growing up with morals and sound principles that are priceless. He has attended KCS since preschool and going to 1st grade this year he has expressed how he knows his teachers love and care about him. It's my goal to keep him at this school till graduation. I would highly recommend this school to any parent that values academic quality, safety and moral upbringing.

Posted March 27, 2012
My child attended this school from K-4 and it was a very good experience. He has wonderful memories of the good friends, chapel, and Mrs. Nagata. The school has given him a good foundation in academics and also in the golden rule. Since he has attended public for two years and it has shown us how good KCS really is. His HSA scores are comparable with his KCS achievement scores (the school tests the children yearly which gives you a good view of how well they are doing on a national basis.) If you are looking for a small school with good academics and a loving Christian environment, this is the school for your child. The school is expanding from K-8 to K-12. The long term teachers at the school really are good and they do not let your child get away with doing less than they are capable of. Weekly chapel is a joyous event, you should visit to see what Christian education at it's best is.

Posted November 16, 2011
This school is Honolulu's best kept secret. I often hear other parents say that it really is a school of ohana and I would full heartedly agree. Christian values are taught daily and exemplified in the teacher s lives as they genuinely care about their students. I am so glad that they are starting a high school next year. Even though it is a few years away for my son, I can t imagine finding a better environment for him academically, socially, and spiritually, in preparation for his college years.

Posted April 21, 2011
KCS has really provided a great environment for our son to grow in over the past years. We could not be more happy and thankful for the fantastic support he has received from everyone in the KCS Ohana. We have seen him progress socially and academically each year at KCS. It is almost unbelievable to me how much our son has grown in these respects and how much he has enjoyed himself in the process. Thank you KCS for the wonderful experience you have provided him.

Posted February 25, 2011
Educators at Kaimuki Christian School demonstrate an inherent passion for their industry. The atmosphere is extremely positive and upbeat, a place where students can truly thrive in. Students are motivated to do their best while also recieving a strong spiritual foundation imprinted into their hearts. We are appreciative to have our child attending such an outstanding school.

Posted November 20, 2010
I went to a local school fair and saw many of the great private schools in Hawaii with huge tables and lots of parents milling about them. There were just as many around the Kaimuki Christian table. When I asked the other schools what schools they liked to have their children come from, both of the larger schools pointed at the Kaimuki Christian table. They both said the kids come to them with great grades, well rounded and most of all "just good kids with good values." Wow. I was blown away. It is true, they focus on academics and values.

Posted April 08, 2010

Posted March 16, 2010

Posted March 01, 2010
We have sent all of our children to this school and have been very impressed with the school. They get one of the best educations in the State of Hawaii and have wonderful teachers. They prepared our kids for Iolani and Punahou. Our older children got in to those schools with no problem. The school gave our kids confidence to handle situations that arise with peer pressure. Our kids know what is right and what is wrong. We are not overly religious but our kids have a very strong sense of what they need to do and how to focus on their goals. I know it is the school because my wife and I are so very busy that I cannot say we were the best of parents. The school did so much for us and in a way acted like a third parent, teaching and guiding our kids.

Kaimuki Christian School
1117 Koko Head Ave, Honolulu, HI  96816
Last modified Kaimuki Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-11
Kaimuki Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top