Honolulu, HI

Redemption Academy 2

Posted August 23, 2007
I had two children that attended Redemption Academy my oldest was there for 3 yrs. the youngest for one year. I must say that the school was wonderful the first year but when the Dean of the school went on medical leave everything went down hill. the Administration staff is the most unorganized group of people EVER! The grade levels are combined for example kindergarten and first grade share a classroom and teacher the same goes for 2nd and 3rd, some teachers have up to three different grade levels in one classroom. I felt like my children are often overlooked. The school tuition is good compared to other private schools on the Island but you get nickel and dimmed to death. When its all said and done you'll end up paying just as much as the more expensive private schools. I'm happy my kids are out of RA!

Redemption Academy 3

Posted August 20, 2007
Military discount is 'good', but you are nickle and dimed to death on other things (fundraisers, supplies). The uniforms are ridiculously expensive. The school is definitely a safe and mostly warm and loving environment. 'Locals' and staff family members receive the best treatment, while other students are completely overlooked. If you are looking for a safe environment, this is the place. If you are looking for quality education, especially if you are moving to the mainland, then try elsewhere. For the price you'd pay for the better education, it'd even out in the end. I wish I had more positive things to say.

Posted May 31, 2007
Redemption Academy is a godsend. Love the class size, love the teachers and staff, love the curriculum, love the price. A+all around.

Posted March 11, 2007
We love, love, love Redemption Academy! Class sizes are small, teachers are warm and friendly, and they have a genuine love for the kids. In regards to one of the other comments, tuition prices are lower than most private schools on the island, and they do offer a military discount, which helps us a lot. They use ABeka curriculum and all the faculty and staff are so involved in the children's well being and academic progress. We'll be very sad to leave RA!

Posted January 11, 2006
I have 2 children attending Redemption Academy this year. Redemption offers a warm, family environment-teachers and staff are absolutely great, and I have to agree that the kids receive solid biblical teachings. However, acedemics are only slightly higher than a good public school. I feel for the money we are paying, our children should be getting a little more. It also seemed as if they went on a field trip every week last semester--while fields trips are fun, I would have liked to see more time in the classroom. Also, breaks are way too long (3 weeks for Christmas, 2 for spring break. Uniforms are pricey. Despite the awesome staff and school family, with the tuition raises, we don't know if we'll be back next year.

Redemption Academy 3

Posted January 18, 2005
My Daughter went to Redemption academy for two years. She received a great education from the staff. The price of tuition is very high and the uniforms should be made to be purchased at places like Walmart or KMart instead of the pricey uniform store required. Over all the school provides a solid religious foundation and learning enviroment for students to learn.

Redemption Academy