PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This is the most incredible group of teachers we've experienced. Each teacher is a star on their own, bringing life, energy, talent, and a sense of adventure to the classroom. And the teachers work together and with the principal especially well so that the whole student population is cared for by the faculty group, at the same time the teachers individually look after their own class.

Holy Nativity School offers an incredibly rich and supportive learning environment that helps to develop the distinctive talents and abilities of each child while preparing them for academic success after elementary school. It's hard to find a school that provides both values-centered education and very strong academic preparation ... and Holy Nativity does that. And you couldn't ask for a more fun, engaging, and nurturing environment for your child. At Holy Nativity, each day seems to be a high-spirited learning adventure. And as a parent, we can't wait until the end of the school day to pick up our daughter, just so that we, as parents, get to be in such a positive and enlivening place ourselves for a bit each day!

Holy Nativity School is an incredibly sweet school that offers a top-notch education (small class size and TWO teachers per class!), a committed and kind parent community (the PTO is strong and fun) and teachers who are more than willing to go above and beyond for the kids (communication is encouraged). The administration is organized, positive and very involved. Our child has been having so much fun in and out of the classroom. The kids have a lot of outdoor time and have a huge grassy field for recess and a great gymnasium for P.E. This is our first year at HNS, and we wish we had known how amazing this little school in the valley was much earlier. HNS has not only helped our child become a better student, but a happier and more positive person and our family is so much better for it! "Character, heart and excellence" along with inclusivity is an important part of the curriculum. The classroom experience has been interesting and stimulating everyday and our child is HAPPY! Every morning there is a huge smile and every afternoon our child is eager to talk about the day. The music, art, P.E., and computer programs are solid. There are special classroom activities throughout the year, so there are lots of opportunities to be in the classroom and interacting with the teachers. Communication with the teachers is easy and effortless and we as parents have felt very much in touch with our child's progress and we are able to ask questions freely. The kids at HNS are awesome! We have seen nothing but kind kids - no bullying or social problems. On the first day of school my child, being the new kid, was acknowledged right away by classmates and welcomed to play! The tuition is reasonable and the classrooms are up to date with Promethean whiteboards and great desks and chairs. Technology is not overwhelming and only used at appropriate times. iPads in classrooms are used sparingly but effectively. The only drawback to HNS is the Holy Nativity Church. Unfortunately the leadership leaves much to be desired. That being said, HNS is a fabulous school that offers a memorable elementary education. We are so thankful for HNS and we hope that this one-of-kind school can remain a fixture in East Honolulu for many years to come!

The school is cute, and has all the classes like PE, music, art computers, chapel etc. but it doesn't seem to keep up with the latest research on child development. They don't do much hands on learning, just worksheet after work sheet. So, especially if you have a boy, he will get bored sitting and filling in the blanks all day. Also, there is not much of a community. Parents don't really interact like I hear they do at other schools. It's great in terms of 7 teachers really getting to know your child, but again, I see my child turning into a little robot after doing so much busy work. Oh, yes, my biggest gripe is tons of homework in k and 1st grade. If I had known they were so heavy on the homework for 5 & 6 year olds I would have gone somewhere else - it ruins my day to have to sit there for over an hour each evening to help my son with his busywork.

Holy Nativity School has excellent teachers, small classes, and personalized attention. I have never seen discipline problems. This is a wonderful little school!

Holy Nativity School is a warm, friendly, safe place to send my grandchildren. My children all went there and, so far, three of my grandchildren have been or are there now. I have never noticed any discipline problems arising during any time there and have noticed that the children are happy, participating students. HNS is a wonderful school and I recommend it to parents who wish their children to receive a great education, acedemically and socially.

ON SURFACE LOOKS LIKE A GOOD SCHOOL, IT IS SMALL AND INTIMATE. PROBLEMS EXSIST WITH DISCIPLINE, SOME OF THE LESS EXPERIENCED TEACHERS HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO HANDLE DISCIPLINE. THIS RESULTS IN BULLYING NOT BEING ADDRESSED OR BRUSHED OFF. ONE LAWSUITE ALREADY FILED FOR THE SCHOOLS LACK OF RESPONSE TO A MAJOR INJURY/INCIDENT. SPITTING, KICKING GO UNADDRESSED. ACADEMICS ARE FINE BUT OVERALL THE SCHOOL IS OUT OF TOUCH WITH ISSUES OF THE DAY. OUR CHILD WILL NOT BE RETURNING TO HNS BUT WILL MOVE ONTO ANOTHER PRIVATE SCHOOL WHICH LIVES THE VALUES THEY SUPPORT. BE CAREFUL WITH HNS, TALK TO A VARIETY OF PARENTS IN EACH GRADE BEFORE SENDING YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL.

My 3 children attend Holy Nativity School and they love it! The quality and level of instruction it impressive. The emphasis is not only on education, but also alowing them to be young, innocent beings with a conscious about others and their environment. The children are sweet and caring and the experiences we as a family are having with this small school can never be offered from a large school. The children are able to pick their top choices for their middle schools because Holy Nativity prepares them for whatever they wish to pursue. With 1 class per grade, the families are very close & you know more families than just your own grade. It is wonderful.

I am the grandmother of our adopted grandson. His mom had just left him when he entered Holy Nativity in kindergarden. This beautiful school loved him, supported him, nurtured him, and fostered academic growth. Out entire family is so grateful! This is a fabulous school!

I am a proud parent of a child that attends Holy Nativity School and hope that all prospective parents take a tour to learn first hand how special the school really is. Holy Nativity is commited to delivering excellence in education within a small and personalized environment. You can see it on campus and my child is blossoming right before my eyes as a result. My child is known... we are involved... and my family extends with this gem of a school.

Last modified Holy Nativity School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6