Honolulu, HI

Soto Academy 5

Posted March 19, 2014
This school is a hidden gem. I am torn writing this because a part of me doesn't want too many people to know about it thereby keeping the class sizes small. But I can't help it, this school saved my child and I think people with similar issues with their current school should know about Soto. My son changed from dreading school (public) to LOVING it. A huge relief to me. You can't excel at something if you hate in, IMO. He is learning so much faster and gets the attention he needs if he needs clairification on new lessons. The teacher provides you as much feedback as you want and is available and approachable. The classroom and the whole school is spotless clean and spacious. My child now learns in an environment that is comfortable (air con, lots of storage and desk space, water cooler in the classroom, etc.) and controlled (no chaotic environments like in public school. With the small class size, disruptive students are noticed and corrected immediately.). Contrary to what people may think, its attached to a Buddhist Temple but is not buddhist. Its non-denominational so the kids are taught to treat each other with respect and love but there is no religion tied to anything.

Soto Academy 5

Posted January 27, 2012
My son went to Soto for 5 years and loved it . It's like a family there, the teachers are great they give more than 100% everyday for the students. My son thrive and love coming to school. Till this day he still wants to go back. I changed his school because Soto only go up to 6 th grade. His new school principle and teachers impressed with his tests score. I have to thank the teachers at Soto for that.

Soto Academy 0

Posted August 03, 2008
I've been a student of this school and I think it is well worth more than you pay for. The teachers are awesome! The kindergarden teacher is strict so when you start sending your child(ren) there you know that your kid(s) will be getting a great start. I am a proud student of Soto Academy and I am sure you will love this school!!

Soto Academy