Honolulu, HI
Students enrolled: 3,190

Posted August 01, 2014
I am a parent. 2 sons have graduated from Kamehameha Schools and 2 currently attend the High School. It is the largest private High School in the country. It is prestigious, and unique. My very bright oldest son, excelled, was a sports stand out, graduated with honors. My second son, was an average student, was very involved in sports but ultimately found his place in the performing arts, traveling the world to perform. My third, plays the piano, guitars, loves track and as 'lifer' he has hit a few bumps here and there...the point is the schools (the middle, elementary & HS are 3 separate) is far from perfect, we have had issues with teachers, policy and administration. But I know my children will be forever grateful and indebted to Their Princess for affording them the amazing opportunities that her last will and testament provided for them. I can attest to their becoming "good and industrious young men..." and the vision and the mission of The Kamehameha Schools is greatly responsible. Period.

Kamehameha Schools Kapalama Campus 3

Posted November 01, 2010
If I were to compare this school to a public school in Hawaii, than it is obviously the best choice. However, if you have a child that is above "normal" in reading, math, etc at the elementary level...you are in for a long haul. Despite all our best efforts and working with our child, we have watched her fall from the top of the spectrum to now average. Kamehameha pushes aside the best of the best to work with those that will struggle and have issues at home. The schools mission is different. The school focuses on indigent children to move them into "normal" status and break the cycle at home. If you have a "normal" child with no divorce or jail of a parent, your child will be moved to the side.

Posted January 23, 2010
I'm attending and I love it here! Great teachers and students make me feel right at home! I mua ke kula o Kamehameha!! I mua!

Posted August 11, 2009
i attend kamehameha middle kapalama campus. This is an amazing school Im very thankful to be one of the lucky hawaiians to get. The sports is awsome fingers crossed i make the volleyball team. I MUA

Posted April 22, 2009
I am a middle school student here at KS kapalama and I really enjoy attending KS. And i think this is a really good school! I MUA!

Posted November 22, 2008
This school is the amazing. Very special no doubt about it. Imua ke kula o kamehameha!

Posted July 29, 2008
Amazing school. Beautiful Campus. Very unique way of teaching. Imua!

Posted March 11, 2004
I find K through 8 grade kids are behaved & well mannered. High School kids need to get their egos in check & realize they are very lucky to have been chosen to attend KS. They need to get back to basics & be moral young men & women. There is reason to be proud but arrogance has no place at school.

Kamehameha Schools Kapalama Campus 4

Posted September 10, 2003
Great school, lots to do, lots to learn! Some issues with some teachers and their approach in teaching at this unique and prestigious school. Those few teachers need to step back and really listen to the students. Other than that, Kamehameha Schools is an awesome school with the right attitude towards educating Hawai`i's own.

Kamehameha Schools Kapalama Campus
1887 Makuakane Street, Honolulu, HI  96817
Last modified Kamehameha Schools Kapalama Campus is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Kamehameha Schools Kapalama Campus Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top