Bad
Good

Posted October 22, 2014
My daughter is presently attending the UH Lab School. It is a wonderful environment where students can grow and thrive. Emphasis on physical exercise and staying in shape; progressive, cutting edge materials; no bullying; speech and other extra curricular activities that are great for college prep. Most importantly, the students are encouraged to be independent thinkers.

Posted January 10, 2012
I am a former student of UH Lab School. I didn't appreciate the opportunity as a student back then as much as I do now. Over the years I have come to realize how fortunate I was to have been accepted. It was a full, well-rounded and thorough curriculum which opened the door to many opportunities. The smaller classes meant allowed for a more effective learning experience while building close relationships with classmates as well as students from other grade levels. Instead of alternating between minimum requirement courses, we completed 4 years of every major subject: English, Math, Social Studies, Science, Art, and Music. Foreign language and Phys. Ed. were required for 3 and 2 years respectively. Definitely a college preparatory curriculum and a valuable experience!

Posted March 05, 2011
My Daughter is currently going to University Lab School and is far ahead of her many friends that are going to other schools in her same grade. The classes are very hands on and really help to develop and nurture the children learning process.

Education Laboratory Public Charter School 3

Posted August 10, 2003
I'm not a parent, I'm a former student to this school. I think that this school offered many great things, such as good student to teacher ratios. I loved playing music for several years, and even though I disliked the teacher at first, I am proud to have been a student under him. I thoroughly enjoyed art, the teacher that I had was great, he let us work at our own pace and do what we pleased as long as it was related to the course. One of the best thing about this school was the English classes that I had. I liked how the teachers let us clear our minds by writing in our journals everyday for ten minutes. Also, writing papers that could be fiction. These papers gave us ideas on how to use our imaginations. These exercises have lead me to write great papers in English classes that I have taken while in college. Lastly, some of the social studies classes that I took were good, some were bad, it really depended on who taught it. Mr. Lush was a great teacher, and the senior year assignment was very difficult but make us research and learn. However, I am deeply disturbed as I trek through the college arena at how little I know about math and science. I can honestly admit that I did not learned a thing in math since 9th grade, and all the science classes were jokes. Teachers left in the middle of the year or we were allowed to play with computer programs not related to the science instead of studying physics or other sciences. We also were not given the opportunity to have students who were more advanced be in advanced classes, and allow the students who were behind to catch up. The language portion of the school is different, we were offered only three languages, which was understandable due to the fact that there were so few students. Which brings me to my next point. In my graduating class, we had less than 45 students, which means that we were stuck with the same people for years. No new people really came in, and if they did, they were uninterested in fellow students. As for the teachers themselves. Many of them I still see around, and love. They were the best teachers I had ever had. However, there were a few that the school hired in the years I was there who were awful. We got two teachers fired because they were horrible. I hope they were replaced with competant people, instead of people who were merely concered with having a regular paycheck and missing as many classes as possible.

Education Laboratory Public Charter School
1776 University Ave, Honolulu, HI  96822
Last modified Education Laboratory Public Charter School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Education Laboratory Public Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top