Honolulu, HI

Posted November 24, 2014
Here is a reason to rethink applying to this school. I just submitted a K-12 online application. The admission application states the fee is $75 and $90 for international. I am a local resident and was charged $90. After calling the school about the discrepancy, I was told that there is a flat $90 fee for submitting the application online. Supposedly the Webmaster is working on adding that information. Maryknoll has had a long time to clarify this mandatory penalty. We are nearing the end of the application period; the deadline is in a few weeks. Seems like a money-maker to me.

Posted October 14, 2012
Maryknoll School is a wonderful educational institution. As enrollment falls in many private schools, Maryknoll continues to grow. To those with negative comments about Maryknoll School, maybe it was not the best match for you or your child. Maryknoll can't be everything to everyone. My experience with teachers and administrators there has been excellent. The school's curriculum is challenging and student-focused. I highly recommend it.

Posted March 16, 2012
Maryknoll claims to teach critical thinking and claims to have a rigorous curriculum, but I have not seen that in the least. The principal and vice principal have said to me in a meeting "we must be doing something right because we keep feeding our kids to Punahou and Iolani". I would think that parents would want to keep their kids at Maryknoll if they were doing things right, rather than applying out. Administration is very weak at the school and they choose to protect incompetent teachers at the expense of parents and students. Administration is aware of the fact that the curriculum at the school needs vast improvement, but the principal has said that she "will not apologize for the curriculum". It seems like administration agrees that there are problems, but they don't want to do the work to make it better. Like other reviewers of this school have said, the school needs to learn how to deal appropriately with parents and students. Until this happens, the school is definitely not worth the money. I would highly recommend NOT sending your child to this school.

Posted December 06, 2010
I am a former student of Maryknoll Schools - 14 years. When I attended it had it's flaws, but the education received and the staff/teachers overall provided a positive environment/learning for the students. In the last 10 years the quality of the school - the focus - shifted from the children and the environment meant to cultivate well rounded students to money. With the current state of the school, I would HIGHLY recommend AGAINST sending one's child to this school. Until the staff is educated in the appropriate etiquette in addressing parents and students and the teachers' behaviors are monitored more strictly, Maryknoll is not a place to send your child. It is horrible to see how far my alma mater has fallen.

Posted August 29, 2010
I went to Maryknoll for 10 years, and I can only recommend against going to this school. Parents should be aware that this school allows its teachers to stoop to an incredibly low level of professional conduct towards its tuition paying students, with no significant penalties following the fact. Until the teachers who show this kind of behavior are properly dealt with, please show Maryknoll that their outright disrespect towards its students should not be tolerated, and refuse to support this school.

Maryknoll School 0

Posted April 15, 2010
Maryknoll School is a well-rounded academic institution. They provided my son with caring teachers and terrific advisors! Except for the fact that they have no cafeteria, it's a great school! Go Spartans!

Posted November 30, 2006