PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 03, 2016
The students memorize Bible verses beginning in Kindergarten and throughout their journey at Makua Lani. They learn to apply these lessons, deepen their faith, and use them in college and in their communities as they raise families of their own. The school welcomed us many years ago and we are so blessed by the teachers, staff and families that we have come to call friends. Our children have made friends with fellow students that will on past graduation from Makua Lani.

Posted March 03, 2016
My kids have been attending since Kindergarten with Mrs. Elliott and I have two kids at MLCA. The school works with us to develop their character through Biblical principles and is preparing them for college and life. We are so blessed to have them attend!

Makua Lani Christian Academy 4

Posted January 12, 2016
This is a good school for our children. Moving from the mainland we thought a private school would be appropriate as we acclimated. Our children are developing a lot better than in the public mainland school they attended. The core classes and work are on par. There are not as many elective choices, but the quality of the teachers, students, parents, and administrative staff have provided my children a well rounded experience in which they are able to learn more and are being supported and built up to succeed in life and whatever vocation they pursue. Our senior at MCLA was accepted to Colorado, Washington, Hawaii, and Arizona State University as well as Oregon Institute of Technology. We are grateful.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted January 12, 2016
Yes. Students are encouraged to do well in school by admin. and teachers. They are some times able to hand in corrected work for extra credit to be persistent in learning.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted January 12, 2016
Students are treated with respect so they learn respect and give it back to teachers and each other.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 12, 2016
They do volunteer work in teams about once/semester. It's a Christian Academy and focuses on the bible and charity.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 12, 2016
Yes. Students are treated with respect, have bible class, and there is a good relationship between the teachers and students who work with them on social behavior as well as subject.

Grateful to: no rating

Posted November 19, 2015
- a school leader
We are all so very thankful for Auntie Page and all the amazing things she does for the school. She always greets you with a warm smile and has all the answers you need. She is the glue that holds us all together!

Posted May 21, 2013
I am an alumni of Makua Lani. It changed my life and made me who I am today. Whenever I think about high school I smile and say " wow, I was so blessed". This school lead me to and helped foster a more intimate relationship with God. I can only say good things about it. -Melody

Posted February 11, 2008
I am an Alumni of Makua Lani ('07). The teachers and administration are phenomenal. God's spirit is definitely evident on campus. The relationship between the faculty and students is very healthy. I am forever grateful for the schools investment in our lives. We will never be the same.

74-4966 Kealaka'a Street, Kailua Kona, HI  96740
Last modified Makua Lani Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12