PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

There is a reason that this school has such longevity. While it is small, it still provides a challenging and stimulating curriculum, with qualified teachers and differentiated instruction to meet the needs of ALL TYPES of learners; it provides a great balance of Catholic values and 21st Century Learning skills. The faculty and staff are all dedicated to teaching and learning, and the atmosphere is one of the spirit of Aloha. I highly recommend this school.

My son attended Saint Anthony School from kindergarten through eighth grade, and I love how the school helped him develop into a fine young man. He has a diagnosed learning disability, and the school provided outstanding services that met his needs and challenged him to excel. I volunteered hundreds of hours during my son's years at Saint Anthony School, and these were some of the most rewarding times of my life. I felt appreciated and valued. I only wish the school went through high school. This is a wonderful school and I am proud to have been part of the ohana.

My child attended this school from preschool to 2nd grade. I fell in love with this school when my child attended preschool here; however, once my child attended elementary school things seemed to change. One of the kindergarten teachers puts the kids down and yells at them constantly. No one does anything to stop it, including the principal. My child struggled with reading and math in first & second grade despite my efforts of working with my child endlessly with no improvement being made. Each time I expressed my concerns, it was brushed off, and I was told that my child was not focusing on the task at hand, which is why she was struggling in these areas. I took matters into my own hands and had my child tested only to find out that she has a learning disability. She is currently at a new school and has made huge improvements now that she has an IEP and is getting the services she needs. If your child is gifted and can learn materials that are taught from a curriculum that is an inch deep and a mile wide, then this is the school for you. If your child struggles, they keep moving forward and leave those kids to fall through the cracks. I am all about helping my child learn at home, but when almost the entire workload falls on my shoulders, it is a hard pill to swallow for the tuition spent at this school. Also, I have volunteered for many activities at this school & was taken advantage of b/c no one else wanted to step up to the plate and help out. There is a lack of communication between the administration and parents. Several times additional tasks were thrown on my lap, because they did not have enough volunteers. I was never asked if I wanted to do these additional activities. I was "voluntold." I then decided not to do volunteer activities at this school b/c they will give you more than you signed up to do.

SAS has been a great school for my son. He started here at Preschool and is now graduating from 8th grade. I'm thankful for the teachers that gave him the chance to grow both intellectually and spiritually. The staff there will always be a part of our family. Mahalo!

Neither the parish nor the school has a strategic plan resulting in disjointed curriculum, taught by underpaid faculty operating in dilapidated facilities. The school administration happily operates in the absence of school governance, rewarding themselves with handsome salaries, and refusing to respond to legitimate, constructive parental criticism. I urge any parent considering enrolling their children to carefully consider whether the school s marketing effort featuring their internet / ipad focus and cursory February 2011 accreditation review outweighs the weak, uncoordinated curriculum, playgrounds in dismal repair, hot classrooms and dinghy bathrooms, an out of date library, and a physical education program whose disengaged instructor reflects the inadequate facilities. In summary, the profound leadership problems gravely affect learning and do not justify the tuition.

As a parent who has had two children graduate from this school, I can honestly recommend sending your children here. The current administration is really pushing the school toward the future and adjusting the school's teaching style according to our ever changing society. I love the teachers and my kids love to visit, and only have good things to say about St. Anthonys. They both got into great high schools and have been doing very well. I totally recommend anyone to send their kids here. It is a very nurturing and loving environment.

This past year I graduated from St. Anthony's.I attended for 2 years and was less than impressed.In fact, I became so stressed and upset about having to return there after 7th gr that I spiraled into a depression.I felt like I wasn't learning and the kids there were too sheltered. In 7th grade I was pre alg in math so I had to do independent study until the day an accredidation commitee came and they put me downstairs with the librarian.No coincidence there or anything!In 8th grade I had a teacher but I had a shared class!Really, I only had half a period of math everyday.Oddly enough, even though I only got a half a period I probably learned the most out of any class.I really did feel like I was wasting my time going to school everyday.As middle schoolers, we were forced to do the same stuff as the little kids taking away from education time. I come from a christian famiy and after attending religion class I can tell you that i never want to have any part of christianity as an adult.The hipocrisy displayed by the teacher was overwhelming.She also didn't have any viable knowledge to back up what she was teaching us."Because it's tradition" is what she'd say. Don't send your child.

My 5 year old recently completed summer school here. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. He went from not knowing which hand to write with to tracing his own name with his right hand while holding the pencil correctly. I couldn't get him to do it with me for months and he got it in 6 weeks. The staff is so friendly and it feels like a family there. My son was in the ELC program and felt so comfortable in their environment. For summer school they mixed 3, 4 & 5 year olds but all the children worked well together. The ELC has a beautiful playground complete with a clean sandy bottom, slide, little tree house and jungle gym. Inside they have tons of excellent manipulatives and toys as well as a train table which is my son's favorite. The children had water play every Friday and walked to the local public library once a week. This is a Catholic school so the children also learned lots of prayers. My son picked them up quite easily and he still says them even today. He even told me that he knew all the sounds of the letter A, and he did. I am so impressed and every day was so worth it knowing how much he learned in such a short time. A+++ St. Anthony's!

As a military child, I have been enrolled in many wonderful schools, but St. Anthony;s is by far the worst I have ever been to. Not only does it lack appropriate teachers for those students more advanced, but it also does not help those students who are falling behind. The religion program was also very disappointing and made me very upset everyday. Students who attend a Catholic school should not doubt their Catholic faith because of the religion class. This private school was not worth the money, sedn your child to a different one.

We have been so happy with the elementary part of this school. I love how teaching is done outside of the box with hands on experiments, guest speakers and wonderful parental support. We came from a public Hawaii school in Kailua that didn't have music, art, Spanish... Sas offers all this with skilled professionals and fab computer center as well! We are military and my child has attended many schools. This is by far our favorite!

Last modified St. Anthony Parish School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8