Kailua Christian Academy 4

Posted May 19, 2010
This school has been extremely supportive of our child - who would have been lost in public school. As you can see from the student response below, the school expects hard work and rewards students who complete ALL of their work instead of letting them slide through. The teachers are a loving group of christian educators . We thank the lord for school like this.

Kailua Christian Academy 0

Posted February 10, 2010
I enrolled my son here in the middle of his freshmen year. They had him take a placement test, so that he could be placed in the math and english classes according to his score. I was shocked by my son's low test scores. It seemed that my son did not understand the english and math classes that he was previously in. In fact, my son struggled during his middle school year. By placing him in the correct math and english class, my son was able to catch up to where he should be at with 'A's' and 'B's' up until he was a senior. Unfortunately, my son wanted to go back to his old school where most of his friends where. But having him enroll here during his freshmen year has improved my son's outlook about his education. He is now a senior with a 3.5 gpa.

Posted January 27, 2010

Kailua Christian Academy 0

Posted January 15, 2010
This is an excellent school I had 2 of my children went there before we moved. Education and God 100% on the time!

Kailua Christian Academy 1

Posted July 23, 2008
The school is a bad environment to grow up in. You have no real social interaction to speak of that isn't severely limited, and I remember days where we were all so drained from working constantly that we would all stand in a circle and not talk about anything, for lack of motivation. The curriculum is purely structure-based, and if you are like me and had to leave before you can finish even the final test of something, they will not give you the credit for that entire class, an issue that I am still dealing with financially, scholastically, and socially. There is little good I can truly say about this school, please do not enroll your kid here. Please.

Kailua Christian Academy 2

Posted May 19, 2007
My child gets tired of looking at a computer all day long. There is no extra activities, and my child does not have many friends. There is not enough teacher-student interaction.

Posted April 12, 2007
- a staff
All three of my children graduated from KCA, which may not have a sports program, but scouts always go to the clubs before going to high schools on scouting trips. KCA provides one of the highest academic programs in Hawaii. Students who graduate from KCA are college prepped upon graduation. KCA is a 'traditional' school, which means the curriculum is individualized and tailored to meet the needs of the student. The teacher helps on an individual basis. The room is set up to minimize distractions, so the student can concentrate. Students have breaks every hour where they can socialize with one another. All KCA students are involved in a yearly Christmas musical. Students are offered after school music lessons. Also, at this time first through ninth grade students are participating in water sports twice a week, and before that they were involved in field and gym sports.

Kailua Christian Academy 2

Posted March 17, 2007
The quality of the academic program at this school is less then average, honestly my child would have done better at a public school. There is no outside activity, my child would sit at her desk and type in her work. No music, art, or any sport clubs. I strongly recomend for the reader to not apply their child there.

Posted September 28, 2004
- a former student

Kailua Christian Academy
1276 Kailua Road, Kailua, HI  96734
Last modified Kailua Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades 5-12
Kailua Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top