Posted April 25, 2014
I simply love Kaelepulu School. After much debate my husband and I decided to go with Kaelelpulu over private school. We are thrilled with the academics and simply love all the teachers and staff. We are such a small school, everyone knows one another and the parents really come through for the fundraisers for music, art and PE. The teachers care so much for the kids and go above and beyond helping each one. I would definitely recommend Kaelepulu to any incoming students.

Posted October 28, 2013
What a great little treasure of a school. We have been here for several years and my daughter is vey happy plus she is excelling academically. The latter is due in great part to the efforts the teachers put in for their students outside of class, whether it be to prepare work for students who are ahead of their peers or staying after school to work remedially with others. (Thanks to all their hours my daughter now reads at 2 grade levels higher than her age!) This is'nt to say that the school has no problems or room for improvement. The same 10 parents help out at all the events, some of the teachers are a little old fashioned in their methods, work with SPED students could be more intensive; but overall it is a very warm and welcoming environment that fosters the mind as well as the spirit of our keiki. The school offers Art, Music, and PE, which are sponsored by the PTSA, as well as a Media Club, Japanese, Reading Night, Science Night, Math Game Night, an awesome Garden Club and many more that have made this a very family-centered school.

Posted October 15, 2011
I think this school has been wonderful for my son. The teachers have made sure he has had a wonderful education so far. Times are changing and a small school has it's benefits. I love the art, music and PE provided by the PTSA. These are things most schools are getting rid of. I look forward to many more years at this small and caring school.

Kaelepulu Elementary School 1

Posted October 03, 2011
This has been an issue for years! Weeding out what they believe as the weaker students. Did you know that they have not had a formal PSAP program in place for years. Try going to the BOE with issues concerning help- you will get this "you are welcome to move your kids to private school"- and I have that on tape. Ask and they will not be able to give you an outlined program document. At least they got rid of some bad apples. What a waste of a great facility.

Kaelepulu Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2011
They provide only minimal Special Ed services. One person for the whole school. So if your child has speech, writing, or physical issues they just might do what they did to me and ask you to go to another school. Way to go Kaelepulu! Thats a great way to keep your scores up- just get rid of everyone on the bottom.

Posted April 15, 2011
Great school, teachers, PTSA and family support! Love the small school and so does my daughter. Had my daughter in a private school and wasn't being challenged so I pulled her from the private school and placed her at Ka'elepulu last year. They have done an awesome job by going the extra mile to challenge her.

Posted June 05, 2010
It saddens me that one parent's review can so negatively skew the perception of this great school. I personally know of many kids who have entered mid-level and adjusted perfectly fine. So to make a blanket statement such as that one is not fair. The school counselor is wonderful. She takes bullying very, very seriously and has "Stop bullying" programs. I do not mean to minimize this parent's experience with the bullying problem. It saddens me. And unfortunately it is everywhere - even at the best private schools. But to say this is a bad school is unfair. I have always found the teachers to be very open to discussing any questions/challenges parents wish to raise. I am an involved/vocal parent. I find that people are usually receptive to communicating and resolving conflicts if they are approached respectfully. And the parent should have reasonable expectations in the end.

Kaelepulu Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2010
Great school, because of the Teachers and faculty. PTSA board did a great job this past school year. Media, Japanese class, and the speech festival was great for my kids.

Posted October 04, 2009
Wonderful teachers and staff.

Kaelepulu Elementary School 0

Posted July 17, 2009
A great small school--one class to a grade. I had no idea this school was here! They have great test scores that rival other top schools on the island.

Kaelepulu Elementary School
530 Keolu Dr, Kailua, HI  96734
Last modified Kaelepulu Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kaelepulu Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top