Bad
Good

Unimpressed by the very Unprofessional Principal and Faculty. Worst Elementary School. I am by far NOT the only Parent that feels this way about this particular School. This School has a high rate of children being pulled out of the school due to the unprofessional actions of the Principal and Faculty.

I have a child in the early intervention preschool. His preschool teacher and aide are excellent and have worked wonders with my "difficult" child. However, as a military family who has experienced multiple schools around the country, I am frustrated by the lack of enthusiasm at this school. Parents do not seem to be involved. At a principal breakfast all parents were invited to attend, one other parent beside myself attended. Teachers are nowhere to be found on curriculum nights when the students are showing off all their hard work. I recognize the importance of a contract between administration and teachers, but what of the societal obligation we have to our children to encourage and motivate them to succeed before, during, and after school hours?

A okay school, I left because I was not impressed with the school program there

My daughter joined KES midway through her 5th grade year. We were very pleased with the care exhibited by the teachers and administrators. We did not get many progress reports in the course of the semester but were impressed with the projects that were displayed at the end of year program (across all of the grades). The teachers obviously take a lot of time and thought to make interesting projects that relate to curriculum goals. The results were impressive! We love that the Hawaiian culture is embraced and employed in a way that enhances the children's education and daily life. We owe everyone at KES a debt of gratitude for the wonderful way they impacted our lives!

They have a bigger socio-economic blend and more challenging kids. They qualify for Title I (low income)

As a parent and staff member at Kailua Elementary, I am so proud to be a Honu. There are so many wonderful things about our school, starting with the people. Our 'ohana has so much heart, and it's hard to miss if you ever visit our school. Please take a tour! We have a lot to show you, starting with our amazing multimedia library and two computer labs. We'd also love to tell you about all the programs, services, events and activities available to our students throughout the year. Kailua Elementary prides itself on doing the best for our keiki!

As a parent and a PTSA board member, I couldn't want anything more from a school. The principle and her staff are a cohesive unit that work very hard for each and every child at the school. They all believe that children should have a well rounded education that includes Art, Music, and Physical Education. KES provides a quality program in each of these subjects areas. Our PTSA board is very strong and full of positive energy. Yes, money was stolen last year but has all been repaid by the accused. We are looking forward, not back and we welcome all who have opinions about what we are doing to volunteer their time and effort to help us make KES an even better school than it already is. Remember, the P in PTSA stands for Parents and we need your help.

Kailua Elementary is an exceptional school in many ways, especially in the lower grades. I love the children and have found many excellent teachers and administrators. If you think private education is the only option for your kids, I challenge you to give this school a second look.

Kailua Elementary will always be my home. It's where I grews up! Now, my children go to this school and they love it so much as well. I am really sad to hear what has been happening with the PTSA President and I am really ashamed of what she did, epsecially to her child tht still attends the school. I too, really hope that the New PTSA Board Members are more cautious of how many hands are in the pot...and I hope this doesn't happen again, because you are stealing from your chilod and our children who work so hard to have special events and to raise money for their school....

I love this school and think that its one of the best schools on the windward side. All of my children attended this school and my youngest child recently started school this year. I was very sad to see the news letter about their PTSA situation and funds. I would have hope to read something more positive instead of disappointment. I hope that this years new board members live up to at least the fun fair for this year. The last three years the schools fun fair has really improved, which to include alot more community involvement. My children and fellow workers actually look forward to this event every year. I hope that the new PTSA board members can still make this event possible.

Last modified Kailua Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.