Bad
Good

first of all kailua is a awesome school. The studen5ts get a lot of help from the staff members especially the career staff and the counselors. If the kids,parents, and staffs dont notice that that is their fault. I REP KAILUA HIGH SCHOOL EVERYDAY:)

Many teachers do not followup with assignments. Often leaving us to turn in all our work at the end of the semester, they are behind on grades. How can we do good if our work is not corrected? Guess what, they are poor role models, come to school in shorts and t-shirts, they don't look or act professional. 8 out of 10 students I know does drugs. Among students it's the cool thing to do, DARE education goes out the door when you arrive at KHS. The adults here don't care, they talk down to students. Such a downer place for students with a healthy respect for authority. They take advantage of us and do not treat us with respect that we as good students deserve.If you like going to school with people who talk like, 'Eh, sir wat kine word is dat, photosintises?' :'Miss I like go bafroom.'

The teachers are caring people who go out of their way to assist the students whom many are not as fortunate as many others in more affluent districts.

im attending kailua highschool,right now as a freshman & so far, it's been awesome. The work is not to hard nor' to easy! [: & the people are easy to get along with.

I went to kailua high school, and like any other school i believe there are challenges. But over all it is a very good school. Some teachers do not push you, and put you down. But most of them are supporting and really seem to care. The counslers by far are the best!! The school motto is creating futures and life long friendships. And thats exactllly what you do there.c/o 09 we run dis!

Kailua High can only handle 'average' and 'below average' students. Those students who excell academically will not be challenged to develop their gift and find themselves at a disadvantage once they enter college. The student body is out of control and the teachers seem mainly concerned with babysitting rather than teaching. The only thing that I would give a good rating too is the JrROTC program this is the only thing that made my academic experience at KHS a pleasant one.

I am a teacher at Kailua High School and parent of a soon-to-be student. I love Kailua High. Yes, there are challenges, but no more than at other schools. The teachers are professional and challenge themselves, as well as their students. The students, for the most part, take the challenge seriously; some, as at all schools, will try to get away with doing the least amount of work possible, but I'd like to think that most teachers will not accept that. I'm choosing to send both of my children to this school and my son will begin as a 9th grader next year.

This is not a school I would recommend. I substitute taught in this school for three years and decided not to return. During those times students frequently walked in and out of class at will, and lesson plans in most classes were inadequate. There was a general attitude of apathy among many students. Though there are always exceptional students, many students seemed to focus on having fun with a goal of accomplishing as little school work as possible. Students showed lack of respect to one another as well as adults. Administrators were not visible on campus. Though I spoke with a vice principal about a discipline problem, I never met the principal. The office staff seemed indifferent and unwelcoming. Teachers displayed little camaraderie among one another and lacked team cohesiveness. I did meet one remarkable teacher who genuinely cared for and challenged students.

My son attended Kailua High School, and graduated three years ago. His experience was terrible. I found the students were out of control in the classroom, participation in class, and homework was a joke. And that is in special ed!

The programs at Kailua High were excellent. They were both relevant and challenging. They are what has set me up for my role today. The foundation that I received at Kailua is what I have based my further learnings on. Both in the workplace and at University level. The teachers were patient and helpful. Especially Mr. Lee in AP English, and Mr. Wolfgram in Chemistry. As well as Col. Knight in ROTC.

Last modified Kailua High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.