Posted October 31, 2011
first of all kailua is a awesome school. The studen5ts get a lot of help from the staff members especially the career staff and the counselors. If the kids,parents, and staffs dont notice that that is their fault. I REP KAILUA HIGH SCHOOL EVERYDAY:)

Kailua High School 1

Posted April 11, 2010
Many teachers do not followup with assignments. Often leaving us to turn in all our work at the end of the semester, they are behind on grades. How can we do good if our work is not corrected? Guess what, they are poor role models, come to school in shorts and t-shirts, they don't look or act professional. 8 out of 10 students I know does drugs. Among students it's the cool thing to do, DARE education goes out the door when you arrive at KHS. The adults here don't care, they talk down to students. Such a downer place for students with a healthy respect for authority. They take advantage of us and do not treat us with respect that we as good students deserve.If you like going to school with people who talk like, 'Eh, sir wat kine word is dat, photosintises?' :'Miss I like go bafroom.'

Posted November 18, 2009

Kailua High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers are caring people who go out of their way to assist the students whom many are not as fortunate as many others in more affluent districts.

Kailua High School 4

Posted January 12, 2009

Posted July 31, 2008
im attending kailua highschool,right now as a freshman & so far, it's been awesome. The work is not to hard nor' to easy! [: & the people are easy to get along with.

Kailua High School 3

Posted December 18, 2007
I went to kailua high school, and like any other school i believe there are challenges. But over all it is a very good school. Some teachers do not push you, and put you down. But most of them are supporting and really seem to care. The counslers by far are the best!! The school motto is creating futures and life long friendships. And thats exactllly what you do there.c/o 09 we run dis!

Kailua High School 1

Posted July 03, 2007
Kailua High can only handle 'average' and 'below average' students. Those students who excell academically will not be challenged to develop their gift and find themselves at a disadvantage once they enter college. The student body is out of control and the teachers seem mainly concerned with babysitting rather than teaching. The only thing that I would give a good rating too is the JrROTC program this is the only thing that made my academic experience at KHS a pleasant one.

Posted April 02, 2007
I am a teacher at Kailua High School and parent of a soon-to-be student. I love Kailua High. Yes, there are challenges, but no more than at other schools. The teachers are professional and challenge themselves, as well as their students. The students, for the most part, take the challenge seriously; some, as at all schools, will try to get away with doing the least amount of work possible, but I'd like to think that most teachers will not accept that. I'm choosing to send both of my children to this school and my son will begin as a 9th grader next year.

Kailua High School 2

Posted February 15, 2007
This is not a school I would recommend. I substitute taught in this school for three years and decided not to return. During those times students frequently walked in and out of class at will, and lesson plans in most classes were inadequate. There was a general attitude of apathy among many students. Though there are always exceptional students, many students seemed to focus on having fun with a goal of accomplishing as little school work as possible. Students showed lack of respect to one another as well as adults. Administrators were not visible on campus. Though I spoke with a vice principal about a discipline problem, I never met the principal. The office staff seemed indifferent and unwelcoming. Teachers displayed little camaraderie among one another and lacked team cohesiveness. I did meet one remarkable teacher who genuinely cared for and challenged students.

Kailua High School
451 Ulumanu Dr, Kailua, HI  96734
Last modified Kailua High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kailua High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top