Aikahi Elementary School 1

Posted March 19, 2014
Lot of hype. No substance. It looks like the school staff has been posting positive reviews to offset the actual reviews. Doesn't surprise me much. These are not the people you want educating your children.

Posted November 07, 2013
Aikahi is an outstanding school. My daughter is challenged and enjoys going to school. The teachers are inspiring and knowledgeable! The administration team is friendly and supportive. One of the best schools is Hawaii!

Posted September 23, 2013
We are military family whose kids attended kindergarten. So military friendly and very understanding to the kids who have parents deployed or have frequent travel. Mrs. Hansen was an amazing teacher for my kids. We since moved to the mainland and they were either at or above reading and math levels as the other kids in their school. Very positive Hawaii public school experience!

Aikahi Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2013
The teachers continually tell me that my children are not their responsibility. They have no safety concerns whatsoever. They have first year teachers who are not informed about safety and procedure. One teacher said this exactly: "I checked with the office and they said I don't have to know where your child is when they leave my room". Do not send your children to this school until these teachers are better trained and take accountability for the safety of the children. I'm disgusted that any school would openly admit that they don't care what happens to your children.

Posted August 22, 2013
We came from the mainland fully aware of the challenges of finding good education at public schools in Hawaii. This is our third year at Aikahi and are very pleased. We are happy with the new principal. There is also a new vice principal. This position didn't exist before. Our kids have had some very good teachers. Another recent addition is a music teacher that has really inspired our kids. I like the strong sense of community at Aikahi. Parents are very involved, which is probably one the major reasons for Aikahi doing so well compared to other public schools. The PTA is doing some really good things. In regard to some old comments below, there were a number of anti-bulling efforts implemented in the last year. I believe things are better now.

Aikahi Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2013
My son has attended Aikahi for 4 years. One of the best things about the school is the size. I love the small environment and that everyone knows everyone. All the teachers and staff get to know the kids and parents personally. Most of the parents also try to get involved in many of the programs and really create a sense of community. I have been very happy with the school and my son has thrived! Aikahi is one of the best schools in Hawaii.

Posted May 01, 2013
This principal is definitely pointing Aikahi in the right direction. She's not perfect but who is. I'm glad we chose Aikahi for our kids.

Posted October 29, 2012
New principal much better. PTA has good leadership. Parents need to be more involved. It's the same parents volunteering every year.

Posted September 13, 2012
The new principal is just what the school needed to excel. She has a clear vision and is already moving the school in a positive direction. Excellent teachers, supportive PTA, and hard working students

Aikahi Elementary School 4

Posted June 29, 2012
My child has gone to this school for 3 years. The teachers are fair and the kids work and play well together. My child is happy here and motivated to learn.

Aikahi Elementary School
281 Ilihau St, Kailua, HI  96734
Last modified Aikahi Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aikahi Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 110 reviews. Top