9-12 & Ungraded
Kailua-Kona, HI
Students enrolled: 1,541

Posted October 19, 2013
I attended this school a while back and have to say that my high school years were my best years. School spirit is awesome and my teachers were great. I mostly had honors classes and my teachers definitely challenged us. I know some other teachers aren't as informative as others, but you have to take into consideration that some students aren't really there to learn. Although I did well in school, it wasn't as vigorous as it could of been. I know there are some ppl including myself who think kealakehe didn't prepare us fully for college. It may be my fault for not taking more challenging courses senior year. Although this school is big on cliques, everyone is generally very friendly.

Posted August 16, 2012
My 9th grade son is really enjoying this high school. He has experienced private school (Elementary: K-4), Homeschool, and Public School on the Big Island. He is in all honors courses (Physics, English, History (Civics) and Geometry) and is very pleased with his teachers. His school work and homework assignments are reasonable and challenging. The school offers lots of quality extra-curricular athletics. There is a focus on getting students to prepare throughout their high school years for what comes after graduation. Core pathways are provided for students with interests ranging from college prep, to military, to Health Care, Business, and vocational training. The school offers many AP courses and has a significant number of students passing these courses for college credit. The campus facility is fairly new (10+ years) and well maintained. So far, the communication between administration, teachers, and parents has been very good.

Posted April 25, 2011
I currently attend this school. Im in all honor classes and the teachers are remarkable. However i cant say the same for the teachers who teach regular courses. Many of my non honor friends have told me that their teachers teach them nothing. Some have told me that some of their teachers make them learn things from the previous year. If this school is to be any better, i think we have to work on the "lazy" teachers. However this school is really friendly. The staff and security gaurds are halarious. Its like an extended family. The graphics for our broadcast are amazingly high tech, so to say. Sure this school may have its ups and downs, but doesn't every school. I think we also have to work on the students also. They dont really take an interest in school. The sports are doing more than well considering our football players have won BIFFs year after year. There are many clubs that range from anime to national honors society. Theres a club for everyone. We also got to get better food. How can our school profit if most students dont eat?

Posted February 08, 2011
Very caring and supportive staff and students. I had a very positive experience at Kealakehe High.

Kealakehe High School 1

Posted August 22, 2010
My daughter was a straight A student when she moved up into high school here as a freshman. The school has a very good curriculum. Thats the only positive I can think of. The laziest school staff I have ever encountered in 20 years of being a parent with many kids in school. I got a letter in APRIL telling me my child had been missing all her afternoon classes since SEPTEMBER. Of course my daughter didn't tell us she was leaving campus every day after lunch...but WHY did it take the school 8 MONTHS to notify us???? Additionally, it is now late August and my daughter just entered her Sophmore year. I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED her grades from her freshman year. And NO, she does not collect our mail, I do. they never sent them. Needless to say, my daughter no longer attends Kealakehe High School. WHEA much better.

Kealakehe High School 0

Posted September 28, 2009
The faculty, the high expectations for the students and the support given to meet those expectations. School spirit abounds!

Posted March 23, 2009

Posted March 05, 2009

Kealakehe High School 1

Posted December 11, 2008

Posted December 03, 2008
We recently moved to Hawaii from england, my daughter who had to join 9th grade is a very nervous person but found this school to be kind and welcoming. She has thoroughly enjoyed her time at the school and looks forward to going. The students at teachers alike are brilliant and I doubt I will ever find a conflict with either of them.

Kealakehe High School
745000 Puohulihuli St, Kailua-Kona, HI  96740
Last modified Kealakehe High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kealakehe High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top